Saturday, May 9, 2015

12 Empties of Christmas

@jencoempties stared the challenge #12emptiesofchristmas on Instagram and I thought I'd join in.  This way, I know I have at least some products that I'll be sure to finish by the end of the year.  Although, I hope to have a lot more.  These are larger sized products that are mostly or completely full since we have quite a few months to work through them.

In case you are new here, I have a few reasons for working on using up products:
1.  I want to make room for new products I want to try.
2.  I want to make room for only products I love.
3.  I want to find skincare and haircare that I absolutely love and feel works best for me.  I am working to use up some things and try new products in search of what works best for me.

Let's look at what I hope to use up:


1.  Kerstin Florian peel pads - There are 50ish pads in here and I try to do a peel at least once a week. I use 1-2 pads and I have a feeling if they start drying out, it might require more.  I got these for my birthday and I really like them.  You run the pads over your face and let it sit for a few minutes.  Then rinse with water to neutralize the peel.  These are pricey, but they do last a long time since my skin can only take the peel once a week.  I included them in the project because I want to make sure I continue to get my money's worth from this product.
2.  Loreal Revitalift cream - This was a deluxe sample from a Walmart box.  I plan to use it as my night cream and finish it up.
3.  Olay regenerist cream - This was another deluxe sample from a Walmart box.  Again, I just want to make sure I use this up.
4.  Ponds cream - I'm not entirely sure where this came from.  I think a Walmart box?  Anyways, as with the above creams, I doubt it will be something I will fall in love with but I want to use it up.
5.  Mario Badescu - I'm on the fence about this serum.  I want the anti-aging benefits but I'm not in love with the texture.  Feels too much like an oil to me.  I have a feeling it will take me all year to use this up since I only need 2-3 drops.


6.  TheBalm Nudetude Palette - This is my Pan That Palette for this year.  I am about halfway through four of the shades but it will be hard to use up once I get to the darker shades being left.  I hope to have the majority of it done by the end of the year.
7.  Bronze - I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy bag.  I'm not really a bronzer person but have 3 right now?  I think I only bought one of them in a kit from Too Faced.  But anyways, this is a smaller size so I will use it to warm up my face and hopefully use it up by the end of 2015.
8.  A Great Kisser Lip Balm - I put this on every morning before I start my makeup.  I'm going to try to use it more frequently when I'm home to use it up.  I love this balm but I am not a huge fan of pots of product.
9.  Neutrogena Healthy Skin - I love this foundation.  It is my favorite drugstore foundation.  I have included all 3 foundations/BB creams that I currently own in projects to make sure I use them up.
10.  Perfumes - I put Pure Grace in the picture.  However, I have replaced this with two  small rollerballs of Calvin Klein Euphoria and Demeter Snow.  If I finish these, then I will work on Pure Grace.


11.  All these face washes count as #11.  I am hoping to finish these four face washes by the end of the year.  The cream cleanser has been used a few times and the others are unused.  I have always thought that my skin needs really strong cleansers and toners to keep it from breaking out.  However, I have recently heard that perhaps my skin is overcompensating for the strong products I use on it.  I want to use these up and try a new approach.


12.  These 3 astringents count as #12.  Again, for the same reason as above.  I want to use them up to try some new products and see how my skin reacts.  One of these is about half gone and the other 2 are full.

If I can use all of these products up, it will be an additional 17 products out of my collection/hoarding stash of skincare and body products.  Emptying products becomes kind of addicting after awhile:)

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @hmills79.  I plan to update this project around the middle of each month since I will be posting my final blog about that time in December.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment