Monday, March 30, 2015

March Beauty Empties

It's almost April!  The end of this week begins our spring break so I'm looking forward to some family time.

While I am still working on using products up, this month I did make a few purchases.  I will talk about all that at the end of the post as usual.  First, the empties...


Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner - This brand is now called OGX I believe.  I bought the shampoo and conditioner from this line a long time ago because I had a coupon while they were on sale.  I liked the conditioner more than the shampoo but it isn't a necessary repurchase.
Pureology Hair Beautifier - This is a leave-in spray to protect hair.  I do not have color treated hair but I used this sample anyways as a protectant when I was going to blow dry my hair.  It was okay.  I didn't notice any special benefits and probably wouldn't purchase if I did have colored hair.
Macadamia Healing Oil Spray - I have talked about this before and I absolutely love it for when I air dry my hair.  It really cuts down on the frizz.  It is pricey though so I don't know about repurchasing it all the time.  It was recently on Hautelook so I did purchase two bottles for 50% off which should last me awhile.
Garnier Fructis Hairspray - I really like this hairspray although some days it isn't as strong of a hold as I would like.  Overall, it is a good lightweight hairspray that isn't sticky for a normal day of hold.  I would repurchase this product.
Klorane Dry Shampoo for dark hair - This shampoo has a tint to it for darker hair.  It was more of a tan color instead of white.  However, this one made my head itch where I applied it as the day wore on where the regular Klorane doesn't do that.  So I will purchase the original Klorane.
Eva NYC hair mask - This was an Ipsy sample from a long time ago.  It was okay but nothing fantastic enough for me to spend money on.


Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash - If you have read any of my empties posts, you have seen this before.  Using this once a day helps keep my skin clear.  I'm trying a few other products but I will most likely purchase this as they don't seem to help as much.
Neutrogena makeup remover - This is my favorite eye makeup remover that I have used.  I am trying a few others that I had in my stash but at this point, this will be a repurchase.  This removes makeup without bothering my eyes.
Ole Henriksen truth serum collagen booster - I used this serum in the morning and I liked how it applied and wore under makeup.  It is more expensive and I'm not sure it made a huge difference in my skin.  However, if I don't find anything I like better, I might repurchase.
Chloe perfume sample - Too strong and floral smelling for my liking
Jo Malone Wild Bluebell cologne - I have loved all the Jo Malone scents I have owned.  I won't repurchase right now because I have other perfumes to use up but might add a new scent to my Christmas list.
Dr. Jart+ BB Beauty Balm - This is my favorite Dr. Jart BB cream that I have tried.  This had good coverage and the grey cast did not affect the way my skin looked at all.  Some of their BB creams make me look grey, but this blended in well.  I probably won't purchase just because of the price but I would consider it with some Birchbox points someday.


A few random things:
Ulta premium cotton pads - I don't like these.  They are way too thick.  They seem to absorb anything I want to put on my skin so then it doesn't actually have any product to take off makeup or remove face makeup.  I won't buy these again.
ELF Powder brush - This came unglued and I bought a Morphe brush at the beauty show I went to so I am using that instead.
Hairbrush - This is old and I bought a Wet brush at the beauty show to replace it.

March Totals:
I started with 277 products
I added 46 products (Birchbox, Walmart Spring Beauty Box, birthday gifts, beauty show, samples)
I used up 19 products (6 full size, 6 deluxe, 7 samples, 0 trashed)
So I will have 304 products to start April (not really going down but I did have lots of birthday gifts that were beauty related).

I spent $81.00 this month - I knew I was going to the beauty show and would spend money there and planned for it by saving my empty money from previous months.  I didn't plan on Macadamia being on Hautelook which was $28.00 but the products were 50% off and worth it.  I don't anticipate having to make any purchases that aren't a necessity (bottom lash mascara) anytime soon.

I have still spent less than $100 for the first 3 months of 2015 which is pretty good for me!

I have used up $424.37 in products, $104.01 has gone in the trash for various reasons, and I am negative 31.44 in my $1 for each empty for 2015.

I am feeling good about this empty journey.  Emptying products is kind of addicting:)  I get frustrated when I feel like a product is empty but just keep squirting out product, but I am trying to use up every drop and really get my money's worth.

Heather

*All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

4 comments:

  1. I love your empties blog posts! Definitely makes me want to start my blog soon! I feel like my IG posts get long winded and a blog is the perfect place to let it all out! Lol. Also, sorry the Ole Henriksen didn't wow you. I feel like I hyped it up lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my opinion of the Ole might change as I try other serums and have comparisons. I am missing my citrus boost in the morning. Can't wait to read your blog!

      Delete
  2. I love your empties posts, too! You are clearly honest and also concise, and I like the cost breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sarah! I appreciate you reading and stopping by!

      Delete