Friday, February 27, 2015

February Birchbox

This post is appearing later and later in the month lately.  I used to get my Birchbox very early in the month, usually before the 10th ever came (which is what they claim is their shipping date).  Lately, it has come almost around the 20th of the month instead.  Boo!  I suppose I shouldn't complain since shipping is free:)

As you know if you've read my posts before, I like to have a bit of time to try out the products so I can give you a bit of info on them in my post.  So, these posts are going up later in the month so I have some time to use the products.

On to this month's box...


BeeKind Body Lotion - While I haven't received this in a box (that I remember), I have tried out this product through the sample packs that Birchbox sends with orders over $35.  It is a nice lightweight lotion that sinks in quickly.  I have put this to the side until the weather warms up a bit since I need some heavy duty lotion with all this cold weather we are having.  While I do like the samples, I wouldn't buy a full size of this lotion.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - Everyone raves about this brand so I was excited to try out this product.  It is very black which is a bit dramatic for what I wear every day.  It did apply nicely and I will definitely get use out of it.  I probably wouldn't purchase it just because it isn't something I wear often enough.  I do recommend it though if you like liquid eyeliner.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser - I have tried products from the Juice Beauty line before and I have really liked them and even bought full sizes.  I only used this a few times but it did a nice job of cleansing my skin without being drying.  I would consider buying it after I finish my Neutrogena acne wash.  I am looking for a similar product to the Neutrogena (the Neutrogena one is drying but really helps my skin stay clear) that might be a bit better for my skin.  So, I might give this a try and see if it works.  I'll keep you posted if I do.

Juice Couture Hollywood Royal - This is a sweet floral scent (I'm horrible at describing scents so that is my best guess:).  I do like the scent but it isn't usually a scent that I would pick to wear every day.  It is a little too strong for my taste but it does smell nice.

Marcelle Gentle Make-up remover for sensitive eyes - This is the first time I picked one of the products for my box and this was my choice.  I am on the hunt for my holy grail skincare items, eye makeup remover included.  This takes everything off in one swipe and does not irritate my eyes.  I will definitely consider purchasing a full size of this once I use up my other removers.

I was very happy with all the products in my box again this month.  These are all products I will get good use out of it and might even see myself purchasing the full size of in the future.

In case you are not familiar with Birchbox, it is $10 a month for deluxe size samples.  There are usually 5 samples (sometimes more) and they are usually higher end products.  Also, you can review each product in your box each month and you earn 10 points for each review.  Once you get 100 points, it counts as $10 off an order in the Birchbox shop.  I love their points system and I purchase a lot of my products from their website anymore (as opposed to Ulta or Sephora) because of their points system.

You can also follow me on Instagram or Twitter at @hmills79 for other fashion and beauty posts.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment