Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January Birchbox and Reviews

Even though I am on a no buy/low buy, I am still keeping my Birchbox subscription each month.  It is usually a birthday gift or Mother's Day gift from the hubby depending the time of year it expires so it has already been paid for at least the first couple months of 2015.

I still have yet to take advantage of sample choice that Birchbox offers so all items in my box were a complete surprise to me.  While my box arrived a little later than normal, I have had a chance to try out all the products for awhile and I wanted to share with you.


1.  Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 - This is the second type of Dr. Jart BB cream that I have received.  I like how the product feels on my skin.  It is not enough coverage for me on a daily basis so I have been using it as a primer under a BB cream with more coverage or a lightweight foundation.  Also, this product tends to give me a grey cast to my skin so I can't wear it alone. It is $39 for a full size and I don't like the product enough to pay that price for it.

2.  Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume - This perfume sample smells so good!  I am trying to use up a Jo Malone perfume currently so I haven't finished this sample but I am really enjoying it.  The full size is $90-$120!  However, I usually only have one bottle of perfume that I really use at a time so I would be willing to pay that for a fragrance I use daily.  This is definitely going on the wishlist.

3.  Sumitra Color Contrast Eyeliner - I have gotten a few Sumitra eyeliners from Birchbox and I like the formula.  It is a pencil but it goes on very smoothly and blends nicely if you want to smudge it out at all.  This is a gold color and is too light to wear alone for me, but I have layered it with shadow as an eyeliner and I like it that way.  The full size is $11-$21.  I won't be purchasing this since I'm not a huge fan of the color but I do like the formula and would purchase other colors.

4.  Neil George Shampoo - This shampoo was okay.  I got quite a few uses out of it which I appreciate in a sample.  However, I didn't feel like it did anything great for my hair.  I usually wash my hair every other day (depending on my workout schedule that week) but this made my hair feel dirty before I could get to day 2.  I think it just didn't get my scalp clean enough so I won't be purchasing it.

5.  Neil George Conditioner - Again, this was a good sample size and I am still finishing it up.  I didn't feel like it didn't anything great for my hair for the price so I won't be purchasing.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox?  What did you receive this month?  Any samples you have tried from Birchbox that you are loving?

Follow me for more beauty and fashion related posts on Instagram and Twitter (@hmills79).

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment