Friday, December 5, 2014

November Beauty Favorites

Yay for Friday!  And the weather is pretty nice here also for being the beginning of December.  I didn't have too many favorites as I'm working through lots of products I already own and haven't purchased many new products.  However, I thought I would share the items I have been loving even though they are items I have had in my makeup collection for awhile so you can see what I have been using and why.


First up is a blush combination I have used every day this month.  The two products are a Temptu highlighter in champagne shimmer and NYX blush in Dusty Rose.  I have been trying to pan the NYX blush for pretty much all of 2014.  I was getting very bored with it and rather discouraged.  However, it is also in my Finish 6 by Christmas I posted in September so I've been wanting to use it.  So, after watching a video from Absolutely Airs (Erin Wilbers) on Youtube I decided to try layering some blushes like she was doing in the video.  The Temptu is not enough color on its own (and also not light enough to be a highlighter for me) but when I put it on under the NYX blush it gives the powder blush a little different look and it gave me a  new way to use the NYX blush.  I used the ELF stipple brush with the liquid highlighter and a blush brush with the NYX product (I have purchased a new blush brush from Ulta brand since I took this picture).


A few other products I have been loving this month:
1.  100% Pure mascara - I bought this from Birchbox after receiving a sample one month.  I loved the sample as a bottom lash mascara so I bought this product for that purpose.  Unfortunately, the brush is different in the full size and it didn't work for my bottom lashes.  However, I have been using it on my top lashes and I really love it.  It isn't quite as good as my favorite Mally Volumizing mascara but it is pretty close.  It gives me a good amount of length and doesn't smudge.
2.  Macadamia Healing Oil Spray - This is a product I recently received in a Birchbox as well and I have been loving it.  It can be used before blow drying but I have also loved to spray it on my hair when I plan to air dry.  It really helps tame the frizz and my hair is much smoother when I air dry and use this product.
3.  TheBalm Nude'tude palette - I pulled this out this month for 2palettes1month that I did with some other girls on Instagram.  I only used this and the Naked 1 palette for the whole month.  I had barely used this palette since purchasing it off Hautelook in the spring and I have been enjoying the shades and the variety.  I'm continuing to use it often this month in the hopes of maybe hitting pan on some of the shades.

That is it for me for the month of November.  I am still on a quest to use up many of my products.  New products will be coming in since I put some on my Christmas wishlist.  However, after the holidays, I plan to work hard in 2015 on using products up and doing a low buy (only buying products I run out of).  We will see how I do.  My makeup, skincare, and body care products are starting to take over more shelves in the closet than they really should so I am going to work on using them up.

As always, you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more posts @hmills79.
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

4 comments:

  1. It takes me so long to use a blush, I don't think I've ever hit pan on one! It's defintely a goal though haha. I really like the ELF stippling brush for liquid foundation.

    Would love if you check out my blog!
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I think the ELF brushes are really good for the price! I'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Blushes take forever. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my cargo blush and layering it over cream blushes I have lying around...that way it kills two birds with one stone and they get some use.

    Hang in there, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think layering is a good idea to get rid of products and to change some things up sometimes. This NYX blush may haunt me forever:) Thanks for reading!

      Delete