Sunday, December 28, 2014

December Birchbox and Reviews!

My Birchbox took a very long time to arrive this month.  I get impatient as soon as I see the shipping email:)  Usually I receive my box within days of the shipping email.  This time it took about 10 days. I'm assuming it was due to the large amount of holiday packages being shipped.  I certainly hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence:)

Birchbox has started customizing boxes over the past few months.  There are lifestyle extras you can add to your box (I haven't found one I really need to spend the money on yet) as well as choosing a specific box.  With the specific boxes, you know exactly what products you will be receiving when you choose that box.  There is also sample choice where you can pick one of the samples in your box for the month.  I enjoy being surprised by my box and the choices haven't been anything I couldn't live without.  Therefore, I haven't taken advantage of any of these extra perks yet but I may in the future.

I've had a bit of time to use the products and two I already knew I liked so I thought I would go ahead and get this posted before I get to the end of the month.  As always, Birchbox is $10 a month.


Klorane dry shampoo with oat milk in natural tint - I have received a sample of the Klorane dry shampoo previously (I think from Ipsy before I cancelled) and I already knew I loved it.  This one is a little different because it has a darker tint to it which is nice for my brown hair.  While I haven't tried a lot of dry shampoos, I really like this one and would definitely purchase a full size.

Yu-Be moisturizing skin cream - I received a sample of this years ago from Sephora.  Since then I have also purchased a full size from Sephora.  This is a thicker balm and I use it nightly on my cuticles and any very dry patches before I apply lotion.  While I like this product and will use up my samples, I have since found a product I like better for the same purpose and I will be purchasing that product instead (is is the Air Repair Rescue Balm).

SeaRX anti-wrinkle facial lift treatment serum - I have been using this sample on my lines around my mouth and on my forehead at night.  I can't say I have seen any results from it.  The only other wrinkle cream like this I have tried was by StriVectin and it really irritated my skin.  So I am happy that this sits well on my skin and doesn't bother it.  I won't be purchasing this product because I am not seeing results from it.  If I continue to use it and that changes, I will be sure to update you all.

W3ll People Bio brightener stick - This is the one product I didn't try.  I have a Temptu highlighter sample that I am trying to use up so I have been focusing on that product.  I will let you know my opinions when I use this in the coming months.

Manna Kadar Lip Locked - This lip product claims to be a primer, stain and gloss in one.  I don't usually use a primer on my lips so I can't speak to that part of the product.  However, it is a nice satin finish that isn't at all drying.  It has a sponge tip applicator which I like and it was in a pretty rosy nude shade.  I really like this product but have a lot of lip products to finish before I would consider purchasing it.

I have been very happy with my Birchboxes over the past six months or so.  I have gotten a lot of great products!  I also enjoying redeeming my points for products I enjoy or want to try.  If you want more information on how that works, you can look back at some of my first Birchbox posts or just ask in the comments.

Heather!

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment