Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November Birchbox and Mini Reviews

I have really been loving my Birchboxes lately.  Lots of good products to try out, some of which I have really loved and have added to my wishlist.  I have also recently been using the Birchbox Men portion of the website to purchase items for the hubby.  He loves the brand Art of Shaving which they carry.  I'm able to use the coupons they send through email and earn more points for me to spend:)  Win for all!



Camille Beckman Platinume Gold Imperial Repair Hand Therapy - That is a crazy long name for some hand lotion!  But it is wonderful hand lotion.  I have a lemongrass and grapefruit scent which sounds crazy but it smells wonderful.  I like the clean earthy scents and this smells a lot like lemongrass which I love.  I used it before bed for the few uses included in the sample and it was hydrating without being greasy.  The full size is $20 which I might consider when I want to treat myself.  I have a million hand lotions to use up before I would need to purchase this though.

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Satin Taupe - I haven't used this too often this month because I am doing 2palettes1month which some other Instagram ladies.  We picked two palettes to focus on for the month of November and I've been trying to stick with that.  I love the taupe shade of this pencil though and it is awesome that it is a full size product.  I look forward to playing with it more in December and finding different ways to wear it.  The full size is $15.

Make Silk Cream lipstick and lip primer - The sample included the primer and two different shades of lipstick. Neither one of the shades is really a favorite for me (I prefer nudes) but they are great shades for fall.  I did use the primer and my finger to dab on the shade all the way on the right called Magnolia.  It gave me a nice shade of berry pink without being too bright.  However, I don't know if it was the primer or the lipstick or both, but this felt very drying.  I had to put chapstick over the top.  Also, once I opened these little bubble packets, I didn't have a good way to save the rest of the product so it wasn't the best way to send a sample.  The full size is $36.

Not Soap, Radio Joy Inducing Body Wash - This is another lemon scented product and I love the scent. I am a fan of lemon, obviously:)  I prefer a body wash of this type versus one that has more of a lotion or thicker consistency.  I find they leave a film on me and the shower that I don't enjoy (Just my personal opinion, others love them).  It is also a paraben-free product.  The full size is $16 and while I loved it, I'm not sure I can justify the price when I'm just not that picky about my shower gels.  I'm okay with a Target one for much cheaper.  This might be another Christmas or birthday list product along with the lotion that was first in my box.

Rusk Texture Spray (Dry Finishing Spray) - This is a nice lightweight finishing spray.  The bottle is a bit crazy though!  It sprays out with some power!:)  I do like that is a nice lightweight finish that holds but isn't sticky and doesn't make my hair hard.  The full size is $18.  I do use hairspray to smooth down flyaways almost daily so I might consider buying this one.  I'd be interested to see if Ulta has it when they have their hair product sales during the year.

Lifestyle Extra - Potato Chip ChocoPods - I ate this right away and it was so good!  It was a chocolate covered potato chip with sea salt.  Sometimes Birchbox includes these lifestyle extras in the boxes which do not count as one of the samples.  I've gotten a hair tie, food items, Chapstick, notecards.  It is just a fun little surprise extra.

That is it for my box this month.  Again, some great products although nothing that I feel I have to run out and buy right away.  I do like that you can favorite items on the Birchbox site so I can favorite items like the body wash and lotion and later when I'm wanting to make a purchase, I can easily the find the products I really like from each box.

As always, you can follow me on Twitter or Instagram for more beauty related posts:
Twitter - hmills79
Instagram - hmills79

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment