Saturday, November 29, 2014

November Beauty Empties

The end of 2014 seems to be flying by.  We have had parent/teacher conferences here, my husband started coaching basketball, my daughter is gearing up for competitive gymnastics season to start in December, and we've also had flu germs!  I've enjoyed these days off with family over Thanksgiving and decorating the house for the holidays.

Back at the end of July, I started 100 Days of Beauty and 100 Days of Empties with some other ladies on Instagram.  My 100 days ended at the beginning of November but I was determined to keep track until I hit 100 empties which I did right before Thanksgiving.  As always, I had some foil packets I used up and posted about on my Instagram but are not included in this empties post so it doesn't end up a gazillion hours long.

I inventoried all my beauty products today.  Woah!  I will be working on using up a lot of my skincare, haircare, and beauty and only purchasing minimal products or the necessities.  My backups of products are becoming a bit ridiculous.  I have also been using makeup long enough that I really do know what works for me and what some of my favorites are (especially skincare).  I need to stop buying every new product or skincare that doesn't work for my skin.  So, in 2015, I will be continuing my quest for empties.

Here are my empties for this month...


Loofah - My favorite ones are from either Ulta or The Body Shop.  I find they don't fall apart as fast as others do.  I'm not keeping them forever, but I've had some that fall apart after a few days!

Suave Body Wash in ocean breeze - I like the Suave body wash for the inexpensive price.  When I run out of Bath and Body Works, I usually just buy whatever is on sale.  I'm not picky about body wash, as I've said before.

Epielle Facial Cleansing Tissues - These were $1 at Big Lots.  They were okay for $1 and I have posted a few packs in my past months of empties.  I have returned back to my Sephora cleansing water which I love and will probably stick with.

Herbal Essences body wash in body burst - This was another sample from somewhere.  I think the scent is body burst although I'm not sure.  Again, it was fine for a body wash.  It was the type I like (versus the moisturizing lotion kind which I don't like - too greasy).

Real Chemistry Luminous 3 minute peel - This was a Birchbox sample and was a nice, gentle peel.  It was really cool because you put it on and then when you massaged, you could see your skin coming off.  It left my skin super soft!  Someday, when I use up some of my millions of skincare products,  I might purchase this.

Michael Todd cleanse and tone - This was a good cleanser but did not contain enough toner for my skin.  I still had to use a separate toner to keep my breakouts at bay.  For the price, I wouldn't purchase this specific cleanser because I don't like it enough.  I do want to try some other Michael Todd cleansers in the future.


Sephora cotton rounds - This is my first time using the Sephora brand and I really like them.  I judge cotton rounds based upon how fuzzy they are.  I always get the fuzz in my eyes and these are not fuzzy at all.  I would definitely repurchase these.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum - This bottle lasted me forever!  I'm not entirely sure it kept my breakouts away.  I tend to have hormonal breakouts, mostly on my chin.  If you have more acne prone skin or small pimples in multiple places on your face, this might work really well for you.  I am not repurchasing for the time being.  If I see my skin getting worse without it, then I will repurchase.

BeeKind Body Lotion - This came from Birchbox or Ipsy one month.  It has a nice light scent of chamomile and honey.  It was a lighter weight lotion so I used it mostly on my arms and legs instead of my hands at night like I usually do with these small sample sizes.  I won't purchase because I have a million lotions.

Not Soap Radio body wash - I loved the lemon scent of this body wash.  It was a Birchbox sample and would be a definite splurge for a body wash.  But it would be worth it!  I might trade in some Birchbox points for this one!

Physicians Formula Organic Wear mascara - I bought this mascara because Tati (GlamLifeGuru) raves about it on her Youtube channel.  I don't get why she loves it so much.  It would be a nice mascara for a very natural or minimal makeup look.  But I have tried others that are so much better for my short little lashes (Mally Volumizing is my current favorite!).  I won't repurchase this one.


Naobay body radiance lotion - This was another sample from a beauty box or something.  Again, I used this on my arms and legs because it wasn't thick enough for my hands at night.  It had a nice subtle scent but it didn't wow me enough to hunt it down and purchase.

Camille Beckman Platinume Gold imperial repair hand therapy - Long name!  Awesome lotion!  This was a lemongrass vert and sparkling grapefruit scent and I loved it.  It was a nice thick lotion without being greasy for me to use before bed.  The scent is strong but I was okay with it because I loved the scent.  This would be another Birchbox splurge that would be totally worth it!

Neutrogena lip moisturizer - This is my favorite chapstick for nighttime.  I keep one of these in my bedside table to use before bed every night.  In the spirit of using up products, I will hold off on repurchasing this until I use up a few other chapsticks I have.  I will definitely repurchase this product  though!

If you made it all the way to this point, then you're awesome:)  I know these get long but I want to make sure I give thorough reviews for you all.

As always, feel free to follow me on Instagram or Twitter for other beauty and fashion related posts (among the random other things).  Both are @hmills79

Heather!

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

2 comments:

  1. Herbal Essences do shower gels?!! Either I've been living under a rock or those aren't available in the UK. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for them though, I often think the best thing about Herbal Essences shampoos is the smell...

    I too love the Neutrogena Norwegian formula stuff. The handcream is super effective. Loved this post, keep up the empties so I can keep snooping!

    -Rachel || A Nesting Nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received this in a sample box or in the mail at some point in the last few months. I haven't looked for a full size in the stores so I am unsure if they are everywhere. You have plenty of products in the UK I am jealous of too! Thanks for visiting, Rachel!

      Delete