Sunday, November 9, 2014

Mad Grab Tag

I was tagged on Instagram by bama_beauty_addict for the MadGrabTag.  The tag:  If I had to leave in a hurry and had only 1 minute to grab a makeup bag and makeup to fit in that bag, these are the things I would pick.  These products are the first ones I grabbed without really thinking about it.

I thought this was one of those tags that might need some explanation of the products.  Also, I didn't do an October favorites so I thought this would showcase some of my favorites.  By the way, I have been working on using up products so I really didn't have any new purchases or new favorites for October.


For face I chose:
Maybelline Fit Me concealer - I use the shades light and fair depending on the time of year.  This has been my favorite concealer recently.  I really like the Nars concealer, however, there isn't a grade shade match for my skin so I don't want to spend the money when it isn't perfect.  This seems to be a cheaper alternative to the Nars for me.

TheBalm Sexy Mama translucent powder - I purchased this product awhile back and only recently started using it after finishing up my other powder.  I really like this powder, it doesn't make me look cakey at all.  I have always used powder with a color in the past but I'm really liking translucent powder since using this product.

Physicians Formula bronze booster - I don't always use bronzer but when I do, this is my favorite.  I tend to use bronzer on the days when I feel like I need a bit more color.  I'll sweep it along my forehead, nose and cheeks.

Cargo blush in Bali - I have a few of these small Cargo blushes I have gotten in different sets and I really like them.  This or Tarte blushes would be ones I would lean towards.  I also love the Maybelline Master Hi-light blushes for a cheaper alternative.  The blush was my hardest choice to pick for this tag.

I didn't notice until after I started this tag that I didn't pick any sort of foundation or BB cream.  I currently switch between the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation or Garnier BB cream depending on the day so I'd probably grab one of those.

For my eyes:
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion - I am working on using up this eye primer since I have been using it forever and would like to try something different.  I wouldn't say this is my holy grail at this point but I do like it.

Urban Decay Naked Basics 1 - I love these shades and could use them every day.  I have many palettes but this one is small enough that it fits in a small makeup bag but still has a good variety of shades to play with.  I can also use the darker shades as liner under my eyes.

Stila kajal eye liner in amethyst - This is my absolute favorite eye liner ever.  I continue to use them since I bought a bunch before Stila clearanced them.  I don't think it is a product they sell any longer:(  It applies super smoothly and will smudge out if you would like but also doesn't wear off during the day.

Mally Volumizing mascara and Maybelline lash discovery - I use the Mally mascara on my upper lashes.  This is my absolute favorite mascara ever since it came in my Birchbox over the summer.  This one is almost gone and I will definitely repurchase.  The Lash Discovery I have also purchased multiple times and I use it for my bottom lash line.

For Lips:
NYX butter glosses - This particular shade is Angel Food Cake however I have multiple shades of these glosses, mostly nude shades such as Tiramisu and Eclair.  These go on smoothly and last for quite awhile without being sticky.

So, those are my choices of what I would grab.  When we take a short trip or I need to pack light, these are the products I will most often choose.  Have you posted this on your Instagram or posted about it?  Feel free to participate and show me what you would choose!

Heather

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram - hmills79

*All opinions are my own.  I purchased all products with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun post idea! I would definitely grab my Naked Basics palette and favorite mascara too! Love that you can use the darker colors really well as eye liner too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked Basics is just so versatile and has great shades! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete