Monday, October 13, 2014

Walmart Fall Beauty Box

This is a beauty box subscription that I read posts about on Instagram.  It is from Walmart and is supposed to come out four times a year (seasonal) and the cost is $5 to cover shipping.

There is no profile and the boxes do not claim to be customized.  However, from chatting with friends on Instagram, we believe that anyone who entered an age over 30 got one box and those under 30 got another box.  This is just our assumptions and it could be something totally different.  However, if you have seen posts or watch Youtube videos, you will have seen that they did send out two different boxes.

So, here is what I received in my box this month.  There is no product information so I do not know if the sizes I received are full size.  Both of the moisturizers I received were 0.5 oz and the products listed on Walmart's site are 1.7 oz so I believe those are sample sizes.


Secret Clinical Strength deodorant - I am not too picky about my deodorant as long as it isn't Lady Speed Stick which causes an allergic reaction for me.  Otherwise, I will use Dove, Secret, Suave.  So, while I haven't tried this one yet, I will definitely get use out of it.

Clear Scalp and Hair Shampoo and Conditioner - I have tried this brand before and have the full size in my shower now.  They offer a few different types and this one was for damaged and color treated hair.  I do like this brand of products from the drugstore and have been happy with what I have tried from their lines.  They are pricier as far as drugstore brands go but have coupons often available.

Couture Couture perfume sample - I like this perfume.  It isn't one I would buy for myself but it is a sample that I like enough to use up.  I am horrible at describing scents but I would say it is a sweet and floral scent.

Covergirl Lipstick - This is a nice full size ( I believe) product included in the box.  It is a great wine shade for fall.  It is too dark for my personal tastes but I have friends that will use it.

Olay Regenerist Micro sculpting cream - This is a moisturizer for day and night.  I have not used it yet because I have moisturizers I am working on using up before they go bad for my Finish 6 by Christmas.  However, I plan to use this one once that has been used up.  I did try it once and I liked the texture.  I am also leaning towards anti-wrinkle products in my skincare routine lately so I am excited to try this one.

Loreal Revitalift Deep Acting Moisturizer - This is similar to the Olay cream with anti-aging properties and seems similar in texture as well.  I will be trying this one more once I use up my current moisturizers.

Overall, I definitely feel as thought I got my $5 worth in this box.  The moisturizers retail for about $20 each for 1.7 oz so the sample sizes of both of those would be more than the cost of the box.  Throw in the other products including a full size lipstick and this is a great deal.

I am unsure if you can still sign up for these boxes but you can find the link by going to www.walmart.com and searching Beauty Box.  It did still have the option to subscribe when I searched while writing this post.  If you subscribed, let me know what you got this time around!

Heather!

*All opinions are my own.  Products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment