Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Beauty Empties

I am sure I think and say this every month but time is flying by.  I can't believe it is already October and getting so close to the holidays.  We have quite a few birthdays between November and December so it is a busy time for us.  I thought I would have more makeup empties this month, but it is mostly skincare or body care.  There are some products I am close to using up so hopefully next month, I'll have more makeup to share.  Also, I am participating in the Finish 6 by Christmas tag that is going around on the blogs and Youtube.  So I'm hoping that will encourage me to use up some products as well.  Here is what I used up this month...


Oahu Coconut Sunset Body Lotion and Body Wash from Bath and Body Works - These were a gift and I'm trying to work through my stash of body washes and lotions.  I really loved the lotion in this scent.  It smelled like coconut and was perfect for the end of summer.  The body wash wasn't quite the same scent.  Something was just off about it.  I'd repurchase the lotion but not the body wash.

Suave Advanced Therapy Lotion - I really like this lotion, especially in the cooler months because I find it very moisturizing.  I just had a small bit left in this tube so I wanted to use it up.  I have a full size that I am working my way through and will be using quite a bit once it gets cooler and drier here.

Harvey Prince Ageless Liquid Loofah exfoliating shower gel - This was a Birchbox sample and I was disappointed to only get two uses out of it.  It smelled nice but I have a lot of body washes to work through before I would consider purchasing this product.  I do like the Harvey Prince scents that come from Birchbox.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo - This is hubby's absolute favorite shampoo.  He uses it as a shampoo and body wash when he showers.  I buy it whenever it is on sale so we are stocked for quite awhile.

Suave Kids 3-in-1 in Wacky Melon - My daughter's shampoo and body wash.  This claims to also be a conditioner (3-in-1) but my daughter has long and very thick hair so she uses a regular conditioner on her hair when she showers.  I usually buy whatever is on sale for her hair but she likes to pick out these Suave scents.

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-humidity hairspray - I like this hairspray.  I am working through another bottle right now.  I don't think I will repurchase because I would like to try some others.  This one does work well on my hair and hold without being sticky.


Premium Cleansing Rounds - These are $1 a pack at Big Lots.  I really like them because they don't leave fuzz around or in my eyes.  I keep these stored in a container in my bathroom and when it runs out I'll refill which is why there are two packs this month.  I will purchase these next time I am at Big Lots again (mine is not very close by).

Neutrogena Rapid Clear acne eliminating spot gel - This is not quite empty but I am tossing it because it doesn't seem to be working anymore.  I don't know if I have found better products so this doesn't seem to work as well or it is just old and lost its clearing power (lol).  But it isn't clearing up anything with my skin so it needs to go.  I won't repurchase because I have found better products.

Mary Kay Timewise Face Wash - This is one of the few products I have left from when I sold Mary Kay a long time ago.  I like this face wash however I don't think I'll repurchase once it is gone since I have drugstore ones that I like better.

Mary Kay Timewise moisturizer - Again, this is nothing special but is leftover from when I sold Mary Kay.  It is a nice lightweight moisturizer for the daytime but I would like to try some other products so I won't repurchase.

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser - I wasn't a fan of this.  It was very thick and I didn't feel like it rinsed off real well.  I'm not even sure they make this cleanser anymore, that is how old this sample is.  I think the creamy consistency is just not good for my skin.


Mary Kay Bronzer - This is old and is cracking and making a mess so I am tossing it.  I don't use it as a bronzer anyways because it is shimmery.  I sometimes would use it as a highlight but I wouldn't repurchase.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder - I really like this powder.  It gives coverage without being too much or too powdery.  I have a few powders to work through but then I would repurchase this one.

Benefit Posie Balm - This was a Birchbox sample and I liked the consistency and amount of coverage.  It gave me just a hint of pink and I could apply easily without a mirror.  I do not have very pigmented lips but if you did, I doubt this would show up with any color on your lips because it is very light.  It also has a rather heavy scent but I didn't really notice it once I applied.  I won't purchase a full size because I have so many lip products to go through and it didn't wow me enough to run out and buy it.

Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara - I use this on my bottom lashes and I really love it.  I am using another mascara I bought for my bottom lashes right now but when it is gone this is the one I will repurchase.

Original Chapstick - I keep these everywhere.  And I have a ton more so I will continue to use it but definitely don't need to repurchase anytime soon.

Sorry, these posts get so long!  But I want to make sure I am thorough in my reviews for all of you!  What did you use up this month?  Anything you loved that I should try out?  Let me know in the comments below.

I also post reviews and beauty items on Instagram.
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79

Heather!

*All opinions are my own.  Products shown were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel so good to use up products?! Something only a beauty junkie gets excited about I'm sure haha I always wanted to try Benefit's cheek tints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used too many Benefit products but I like the ones I have tried! I'm sure it is only us, but it is always exciting to use up a whole product.

      Delete