Monday, October 27, 2014

October Beauty Subscription - Birchbox

I chose to cancel Ipsy after last month.  I decided I would rather try out another service or spend the $10 on other beauty products.  So this month, I just have Birchbox for you.  I have to admit that this month was not as exciting as the past few months.  However, that happens sometimes with sample boxes no matter where they are from.  And I still was able to try out products that were new to me, which is the main reason I continue Birchbox.  So let's check out what I received.



The theme for the box this month was Fanfare.  It sounds like this was to be a box of Birchbox favorites.  I do enjoy that I continue to receive a variety of products and brands from Birchbox even if they aren't my favorite products.  I do find a lot of products I absolutely love from Birchbox too.  But enough babbling.

1.  dr. brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner - I have only tried this product once.  It is a mask that claims to clear out blackheads and pores.  I do not have too many blackheads but I do have some clogged pores.  I didn't notice a big difference the one time I used it, but again, I don't have noticeable blackheads either.  I will continue to use this product, alternating with my other masks, and see if I develop a definite opinion.

2.  Ellovi vanilla butter - I was unsure what this product was for and the folks and Ellovi were nice enough to comment on my Instagram about all the uses which include as a hand cream, body lotion, makeup remover.  I have used this product as a cuticle cream at night and it smells very nice but not too overpowering.  It moisturized my cuticles nicely so I will continue to use it for that purpose.  It is a solid in the pot so you do need to warm it up a bit to use it.

3.  Lord and Berry Paillettes glitter eye pencil in black - I used this product once and now I can't find it.  Whoops:)  It was a teeny tiny sample and I think it must have rolled under a cabinet or something.  Who knows?  Anyways, the liners from this brand are nice and lasting but I feel like the pencil is very hard and pulls at my eyes when I apply.  I wouldn't buy this liner for that reason.  Although the glitter was fun for a night out or special event.

4.  Toni and Guy Cleanse shampoo for damaged hair - This arrived just in time for me to take with on a weekend away.  And I was very disappointed.  This shampoo and conditioner (see next item) made my scalp itch and not many products have ever done that.  While I do have sensitive skin, not too many hair products bother me.  So, I stopped using these products and you will see them in my empties in the next week.

5.  Toni and Guy Nourish Conditioner for damaged hair - This made my scalp itch.  See above post about the shampoo.  Disappointed in this product but I have since read that this brand can be hit or miss with their products.

So, that is it for my Birchbox this month.  Overall good products, some just didn't work well for me.  I should add that I usually take whatever Birchbox sends in the boxes each month rather than using the sample choice they offer.  I like the small surprises each month.

Follow me on Instagram and twitter for more beauty posts - hmills79 on both!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  Products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment