Friday, October 31, 2014

October Beauty Empties

Time again for the end of the month and an empty post!  As I say every month, these are my favorite posts and Youtube videos to watch.  I love seeing what people have used up and their thoughts on products.  It helps me decide on what products I want to purchase.  So here is what I used up this month.  I had been working on using up lots of partially used and smaller sized products as part of my 100 days of empties and 100 day no buy I was working on with some girls on Instagram.  At this point, most of those are gone so I am working through new full size products which means less empties.


Toni and Guy Nourish Conditioner - Not empty!  Made my scalp itch like crazy.  Going in the trash.

Toni and Guy Cleanse Shampoo - Not empty!  Made me itchy.  Going in the trash.

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti Frizz serum - I put this on my damp hair, especially on days that I am letting it air dry.  I feel like it helps smooth everything and make my hair less frizzy.  I have a few backups of this because I bought them on sale so I will continue to use and opened a new one already.

Love Shampoo Lovely Smoothing Shampoo - This was a recent Birchbox sample.  I liked this shampoo but I didn't feel like it worked better than some others I have tried from the drugstore so I won't be purchasing a full size.


Perlier Shea Butter Intensive Nurturing Body Balm with sweet almond milk - I absolutely loved this lotion!  I used it as night before bed and it smelled so good.  It moisturized without being greasy.  It was a Birchbox sample and if I ever work through my ridiculous amount of hand creams, I will be purchasing this!

dr. Brandt Pores No More - This is a pore refiner that came in an Ipsy bag a few months back.  It smoothed into the skin nicely but I don't have very noticeable pores so this isn't a product I feel that I need.  I have primers that I like better.

Michael Todd Organic Lemon Toner - I got this in a Michael Todd set I bought off Groupon Goods so that I could try some products.  I liked this but didn't feel like it helped the more acne prone portions of my face.  I need something stronger on areas like my chin that break out often.  I would like to try other Michael Todd products in the future so I will be looking into that once I use up some skincare I have.

Mereadesso all-in-one moisturizer - This is a day and night moisturizer that also claims to be an eye cream, toner, and primer in one product.  I never used this during the day because I didn't like the way it sat on my skin before I applied makeup.  I did use it at night as a moisturizer but I wasn't a fan of the texture.  It felt kind of sticky and I didn't like how it absorbed into the skin.  This packet was $28 (good value for a Birchbox sample) and a full size would be $128!  I don't feel that it is worth that price even if I had the money.

Realtree for Her Perfume - I liked the scent of this but it wasn't very potent and after a few hours I couldn't even tell I applied perfume.  I won't purchase this scent.

Folle de joie perfume - I loved this scent.  It is a bit pricey (about $100 for full size) and I have lots of perfumes to work through.  Once I work through some scents and would use this more often, I would consider purchasing it.



CVS Premium cotton rounds - These have one side that is smooth and one that is textured.  I bought a bunch of these when they were on sale at CVS because I was out of the other brand from Big Lots.  These are okay and don't shed fuzzies into my eyes which is my big pet peeve.  I have a few packs of these to work through before I need to repurchase any more.

Epielle facial cleansing tissues - These were another Big Lots purchase because I had seen girls on Instagram that used them.  I removed my makeup with these at night before I cleansed my face.  I have one more pack to use up and then I will be returning to my favorite Sephora Cleansing Water.

Mary Kay Lip Gloss - I really like the formula of these glosses.  I have tried a shimmery shade though and I don't like it as much because I feel the glitter is big and chunky.  Anyways, I really like the matte shades.  They are super creamy and not sticky but still last on the lips for awhile.  This was in the shade Pink Parfait.  I was impressed with myself that I actually used up a whole gloss (minus the stuff in the bottom I can't dig out).  I kept this on my desk at work and used it like a lip balm because it was a nice easy shade to swipe on without a mirror.  I would definitely purchase more of these.

Urban Decay Perversion mascara - I really liked this mascara when I first received it from Ipsy.  However, over time it has become very goopy and thick and makes a huge mess.  Every time I put the brush back into the tube, product spills out over the sides and then gets all over everything.  For a high end mascara, I expect more for the price.  I won't purchase this product in a full size.

Bare Minerals Stroke of Light - This was an eye brightener I purchased because the ladies at Ulta recommended it as a concealer when I was on a search last year.  This is not enough coverage for my dark circles as a concealer.  However, I continued to use it as a brightener for around my eyes.  I won't repurchase at this time because I don't need a concealer and have other brighteners that I would like to try.

Maybelline fit me concealer in Sand - I really like this concealer and it is what I have been using for most of 2014 now.  This concealer is mostly empty but is now way too dark for me since my summer color is gone.  And I don't want to keep it around to use next summer after it is mostly used.  If I need the same color next summer, I will repurchase this product.  I am currently using the same brand in lighter shades and really like this concealer.

That is it for this month!  What products have you finished up and would recommend that I try out?  Any concealers you love or a brightener I should try next?

I'm also frequently posting on Instagram and Twitter if you want to follow me there!
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.




4 comments:

  1. I really want to try Michael Todd skincare products, they all look really nice! It's a shame about the UD mascara, I hate when formula's get all gooey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was bummed about the mascara since it was high end. Not worth the money for that. Let me know what Michael Todd you try out! They have so many great choices!

      Delete
  2. So many good samples and products through your beauty boxes, which is awesome! I've almost tried out the davines line of hair products- I've never heard anyone talk about them before- it's a bummer you weren't more impressed, but it sounds better than whatever was in the Toni & Guy products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have received the Davines Hair milk in a box in the past and I loved that one. So maybe this just wasn't the right product for my hair type. I would try out other products from them. It was definitely better than the Toni and Guy ones :(

      Delete