There is a tag going around Youtube called Finish 6 by Christmas. I have yet to find any blogs participating but I will be looking for those as well. I love Project Pan and "finish it" tags because I always find it interesting what people want to use up (I'm weird like that). Most people also post updates and I like to see if they are using the products or decided they hated them too much. I love the whole idea.
I was encouraged by two ladies on Instagram that also make Youtube videos to participate in Finish 6 by Christmas. They are Anyamarie10 and Jessicagreen518 so you should go follow them too! Those are their Instagram and Youtube channel names. The point of Finish 6 by Christmas is that you pick 6 items that you will try to use up by Christmas (I'm sure you'd already figured that out:)
I thought I would share my items with you through a blog post since I don't make Youtube videos.
1. Befine Night Cream - I really like this night cream, especially in the warmer months. It is not too heavy and does a great job moisturizing without being greasy. I am including it because I have had it for quite awhile and I need to use it up before it goes bad. I hate to throw a product away and waste it, especially when it wasn't inexpensive to begin with. I did put a line on it with a sharpie on the back so that I can monitor my progress.
2. Stila Lip Glaze in Banana - This is another product that I've had around for quite awhile and need to use before it is bad (this probably it true of a lot of my lip products but can't choose them all:). It lived in my purse for a long time which is why the end is so nasty. I usually swipe on some type of lip product before I walk out the door so I'm going to use this every morning until it is gone. I also put a line on this product for progress.
3. Stila Eye Kajal in Amethyst - I love this eyeliner. It is my absolute holy grail! So why am I including it you ask? It could be because I have four or five more. Lol. So, Stila discontinued this product a few years ago and when they put it on clearance on their website I bought about 10 of them. So I use it, just not as often as I should considering I still own about five backups. I purposely laid this eyeliner next to the Lorac product so I can compare size as I go through the new few months.
4. Lorac Porefection - This came in a Lorac kit I bought and is a silicone based mattifying primer. I am including this because I don't like it and really just want it gone. It is probably 3/4 of the way full if not more. Full disclosure - This could be what is causing the clogged pores I am getting. If they get worse and I determine it is this product, I will be trashing it.
5. Bare Minerals Concealer - I think this is the shade light 2. I bought this last year in my quest to find the perfect under eye concealer. I had never tried the Bare Minerals brand and thought this might work. It is a great concealer but it is way too creamy for my under eyes. I am going to include it to use in problem areas on my face to try to use it up.
6. NYX Blush in Dusty Rose - I love the color and I love NYX blushes. I just have so many blushes I thought I would focus on one to try to use it up. I may get totally frustrated from seeing very little progress on a blush but maybe I'll at least hit pan by Christmas.
So, those are my products I will be focusing on using often if not daily. I plan to post a few updates between now and Christmas on how I am doing. Also, if I do actually use a product up, I might try to find another product to add in. Just to keep clearing some products out.
If you are participating in something like this whether through a blog or Youtube, let me know in the comments below. I would love to check it out!
I post a lot to Instagram and Twitter so follow me there too!
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79
**All products were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any way for this post.