Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finish 6 by Christmas

There is a tag going around Youtube called Finish 6 by Christmas.  I have yet to find any blogs participating but I will be looking for those as well.  I love Project Pan and "finish it" tags because I always find it interesting what people want to use up (I'm weird like that).  Most people also post updates and I like to see if they are using the products or decided they hated them too much.  I love the whole idea.

I was encouraged by two ladies on Instagram that also make Youtube videos to participate in Finish 6 by Christmas.  They are Anyamarie10 and Jessicagreen518 so you should go follow them too!  Those are their Instagram and Youtube channel names.  The point of Finish 6 by Christmas is that you pick 6 items that you will try to use up by Christmas (I'm sure you'd already figured that out:)

I thought I would share my items with you through a blog post since I don't make Youtube videos.


1.  Befine Night Cream - I really like this night cream, especially in the warmer months.  It is not too heavy and does a great job moisturizing without being greasy.  I am including it because I have had it for quite awhile and I need to use it up before it goes bad.  I hate to throw a product away and waste it, especially when it wasn't inexpensive to begin with.  I did put a line on it with a sharpie on the back so that I can monitor my progress.

2.  Stila Lip Glaze in Banana - This is another product that I've had around for quite awhile and need to use before it is bad (this probably it true of a lot of my lip products but can't choose them all:).  It lived in my purse for a long time which is why the end is so nasty.  I usually swipe on some type of lip product before I walk out the door so I'm going to use this every morning until it is gone.  I also put a line on this product for progress.

3.  Stila Eye Kajal in Amethyst - I love this eyeliner.  It is my absolute holy grail!  So why am I including it you ask?  It could be because I have four or five more.  Lol.  So, Stila discontinued this product a few years ago and when they put it on clearance on their website I bought about 10 of them.  So I use it, just not as often as I should considering I still own about five backups.  I purposely laid this eyeliner next to the Lorac product so I can compare size as I go through the new few months.

4.  Lorac Porefection - This came in a Lorac kit I bought and is a silicone based mattifying primer.  I am including this because I don't like it and really just want it gone.  It is probably 3/4 of the way full if not more.  Full disclosure - This could be what is causing the clogged pores I am getting.  If they get worse and I determine it is this product, I will be trashing it.

5.  Bare Minerals Concealer - I think this is the shade light 2.  I bought this last year in my quest to find the perfect under eye concealer.  I had never tried the Bare Minerals brand and thought this might work.  It is a great concealer but it is way too creamy for my under eyes.  I am going to include it to use in problem areas on my face to try to use it up.

6.  NYX Blush in Dusty Rose -  I love the color and I love NYX blushes.  I just have so many blushes I thought I would focus on one to try to use it up.  I may get totally frustrated from seeing very little progress on a blush but maybe I'll at least hit pan by Christmas.

So, those are my products I will be focusing on using often if not daily.  I plan to post a few updates between now and Christmas on how I am doing.  Also, if I do actually use a product up, I might try to find another product to add in.  Just to keep clearing some products out.

If you are participating in something like this whether through a blog or Youtube, let me know in the comments below.  I would love to check it out!

I post a lot to Instagram and Twitter so follow me there too!
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79

Heather

**All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

4 comments:

  1. Fun post! I've been trying to get through a LORAC primer as well. Why is it that crappy products take forever to go through, but our staples seem to disappear right away?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's a chore to use them up, but if I have paid for them I hate to just throw them away.

      Delete
  2. I started also my challenge in blog style as you. In fact this is my first project pan, will I get it??? Hahah, I hope so. Just subscribed to your blog, it looks so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your project! You can do it! Thanks for subscribing and visiting!

      Delete