Saturday, September 6, 2014

August Beauty Favorites

I didn't post a July Beauty Favorites because it was summer and I didn't wear much makeup, if any at all.  However, August means back to work and looking more presentable:)  So, here are my August Favorites...


Sally Hansen Miracle Gel - I was super excited to get my first Vox Box from Influenster.  If you're not familiar with Influenster, it is linked with social media, you complete activities online and have opportunities to receive products for review.  The site is www.influenster.com if you are interested.  It is free to sign up.  I received this set of polish from Influenster to review.  I did an entire post about the products which you can read here.  I liked the wear of this polish.  It lasted about 10 days before it chipped enough that I chose to remove it.  With a normal polish, I get about four days:(

Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - I received this in a Birchbox and I absolutely love it.  I believe it was in my June favorites also.  It is one of the few high end mascaras that I would pay full price for.  It gives me good volume and also some length.

Air Repair Super Hydrating Eye Cream - I received an Air Repair product in a Birchbox (it was the Rescue Balm) and I really liked it so I thought I would try more of their products.  This eye cream is hydrating without being greasy.  I think my future eye cream purchases need to contain some sort of anti-wrinkle property but this one is really great for hydration.

NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake - Everyone loves the butter glosses.  I have quite a few shades but I hadn't ever used this particular shade even though I owned it awhile (I have too many lip products, obviously).  I pulled it out this month and it is a great rosy shade, very close to my natural lip color.  It is one of those "my lips but better" shades that people talk about.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink and J.Cat Eyeshadow in Half Naked - I have been loving this particular color combination this month.  I apply the pink color tattoo and then the champagne shade J.Cat shadow.  It gives a lovely pink color without being too shimmery.  I have worn this with navy liner, brown liner, black liner.  It has been my favorite shadow combination this month.

What have you been loving this month?  I have been on a 100 day no buy and will be continuing with it until the beginning of November.  So my favorites in the coming months will be items I have that I hadn't ever pulled out to use or items I've rediscovered.  What did you love this month?

I post quite a few pics on Instragram of beauty and fashion I'm loving so check me out over there.
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79

Heather!

**All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love love Inked in Pink! It's my favorite Color Tattoo! Love your favs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it really makes my pink and mauve shades pop! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete