Monday, September 1, 2014

August Beauty Empties

With the end of August comes back to school time for us.  My husband and I are both teachers and I have a daughter who started second grade this year.  We are fortunate that we can travel and be together in the summer but August gets busy with meetings, evening events, and getting ready for school again.

I'm excited for my August Beauty Empties because empty posts and videos are my absolute favorite. I love seeing the mini reviews on products to help me decide whether I want to purchase an item.  And also seeing what people liked enough to use up or get rid of.  So, here goes...



1.  Ulta Shower Smoothie in Creamy Cocolada - I use these shower smoothies to shave with.  I have had lots of different scents but I love the coconut smell!  I usually buy them at Ulta when I am running low and there is a sale.  This is the big bottle which lasts me quite awhile.  I've already repurchased.
2.  Happy Birthday, Beautiful Shower Gel from Sephora - This was a birthday gift at Sephora quite awhile ago.  I had just a little bit left so I wanted to use it up before I would have to toss it.  I don't usually spend much money on shower gel so I probably won't buy a Philosophy shower gel although I liked it.
3.  Twilight Woods Shower Gel from Bath and Body Works - This was a gift and I really like shower gels and lotions from BBW.  I liked this scent but it wouldn't be one I'd repurchase if I was buying for myself.
4.  Twilight Woods Body Lotion - Again, I liked it but it isn't a scent that is my favorite from BBW.  I like more clean/fresh scents.
5.  Jo Malone Body Creme in Wild Bluebell - This came in a set with the perfume I received for Christmas.  It was rather greasy so I used it on my hands before bed and this tub lasted me a long time!  I won't purchase since Jo Malone is pricey but I do love this scent!


6.  Epielle Facial Cleansing Tissues - I know there are different types of these but these are the first ones I've tried.  I have seen other ladies post about them on Instagram and picked some up.  They are $1 at Big Lots for 30 wipes and aren't the best wipes but they are $1!  I use them to remove makeup at night before I cleanse.  I would repurchase these if I was near a Big Lots (mine aren't too convenient).
7.  Royal Cleansing Pads - These are another Big Lots purchase and they were right around $1 for 80 of them.  I love these!  They aren't exfoliating if you like those types but I sometimes find that cotton pads shed and I end up with fibers in my eye.  Ick!  These didn't shed at all.  If my Big Lots was closer I would only buy these cotton pads.  I would definitely repurchase if I am in Big Lots again.
8.  dr. brandt Microdermabrasion - I received this in an Ipsy bag and was able to get quite a few uses out of it since it isn't something I do daily.  I liked this microdermabrasion because it had very fine particles and I didn't feel like I was taking my skin off.  LOL  I won't repurchase because my favorite is the one by Vasanti and I have a full size to use up of that one.
9.  Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum - This was a Birchbox sample a long time ago.  I liked it so much I bought the full size which I have been using.  However, I was concerned this small sample that I usually keep for travel would go bad soon so I went ahead and used it up.  I already have a full size of this product.
10.  Grand Central Beauty SMART skin perfecting serum and primer - Also a Birchbox sample, I liked how this felt on my skin.  It went on very nicely and absorbed quickly.  I didn't have enough uses to know if it perfected my skin but as a primer it worked well.  I might repurchase depending on price of the full size.


11.  Tresemme Tres Two Spray - This was in my travel bag and I used it up on one of our recent vacations.  I really like this hairspray and would consider buying the full size once I use up the Garnier one I have a few of already.
12.  Beauty Protector Protect and Treat Mask - This was a Birchbox sample and it smells so good!  I felt it worked well as a hair mask and made my hair smoother and less frizzy for awhile.  I have quite a few hair mask samples to use up before I consider purchasing a full size of this product.
13.  Hello Perfume by Harvey Prince - This was a sample size from somewhere and it was an okay fragrance.  I'm really bad at describing fragrances but I didn't like it enough to purchase a full size of it.
14.  OPI Original Nail Envy - There is still a little left in this bottle but it is hard to get out and getting thick and goopy.  I alternate using this on my nails with nail polish.  The ends of my nails peel and this seems to help.  I have already repurchased this product.
15.  Wet N Wild Mega Impact Mascara - I bought this on a whim because between a coupon and sale it was super cheap.  I can't use this because I found it very flaky and it really bothered my eyes during the day.  So it isn't empty but it is going in the trash.
16.  Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara - I love this and have repurchased many times.  It isn't a super crazy mascara and gives me a nice natural look for daytime.  I am wanting to try some other drug store mascaras so I won't be repurchasing at this time.
17.  Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara - This was part of the birthday gift from Sephora.  It was okay.  I had trouble with it making my lashes clumpy.  I don't know if it was the brush shape or what but it didn't apply well for me.  I won't repurchase because it just wasn't a favorite.

Sorry for the long post!  I also used up some smaller samples and foil packets but I'm not including all those in my empty posts.  You can check those out and the mini reviews if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter.  I am also doing a no buy for 100 days with some ladies on Instagram so I am trying to use up products and not buy anything new until the beginning of November.  So far, I haven't caved:)  I do have quite the wish list going though.

Follow me on:
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79

Heather!

**All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

4 comments:

  1. I love the Philosophy Happy Birthday shower gel, it smells so yummy! But, I also have not repurchased. I also love the Tresemme hairspray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I use up my current hairspray, I will be purchasing the full size Tresemme. I really liked it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you made way through some body care products this past month! I haven't heard of quite a few of these products so it was nice to read about which ones you liked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find my reviews helpful! I always like hearing about the thoughts of others when deciding what to buy. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete