Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Bridesmaids Book Review

I have something a little different to share with you all today!  A few months ago, I signed up through Birchbox as a Birchblogger.  Birchbox is the website where one of my subscription boxes comes from.  I filled out a form to be considered as a Birchblogger after I saw it posted on Twitter one day.  As a Birchblogger, I receive emails from Birchbox giving me the opportunity to win prizes for reviews, giveaways, etc.

I was super excited when I was chosen to receive a copy of The Bridesmaids by Eimear Lynch which was the book club pick for July.  Birchbox has been doing a book club each month and gave away copies of the book and then hosted a Twitter chat with the author at the end of the month.  I love to read and was excited to participate.


This book was great for a summer "beach" read.  It is a group of stories about what else?  Bridesmaids.  All the stories were experiences had by women and men who participated in weddings and I loved the variety of stories.  I really feel like there is a story in here that everyone can relate to, even if you've never participated in a wedding.  In addition to bridesmaids, the short narratives each tell a story about relationships and family dynamics that you will identify with.

One of my favorite stories was The Timekeeper because it is so me.  The bridesmaid knew the bride was never on time and had come up with tricks to keep her on time all their lives together, including the wedding day so that the wedding would take place on time.  I am complete Type A and plan everything out ahead of time so I could really relate to trying to keep everyone on the same page and on time.

The pick for August Book Club is Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  by Mindy Kaling.  Again, they will have a Twitter chat at the end of the month and you can also check out what people are saying about the book on Twitter by using #BirchboxBookClub.

Happy Reading!
Heather

*I was sent a copy of the book by Birchbloggers (Birchbox) for review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment