Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Review

I was super excited to recently receive my first box from Influenster.  If you aren't familiar with Influenster, it is a website that you can sign up for.  Once you sign up, you post reviews, complete activities, and many other activities related to social media.  Part of being an "Influenster" means that they will send you products to review.


I received the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish.  I love nail polish but often get annoyed by having to change it so often.  No matter what top coat I use, I often have chips after 24-48 hours.  And often after only a few days, I feel that it has chipped so badly that I need to remove the polish.


I was a little skeptical about the Miracle Gel since I do have so many problems with my nails, but I was very surprised and pleased by the wear time.  I received a fun shade of red to try out that had a hint of orange to it.  It was a great color for summer (330 in Redgy).  I followed the directions and applied two coats of the gel color and one coat of the gel top coat.  It says "No Light Needed" but I did sit outside and read while it was drying to give it a little help from the sunlight.  That won't be possible in fall and winter so I'll be interested to see how it works then.


I was very pleased with this polish.  It stayed on well for me with minimal wear at the tips.  This was after four days.  After four days with most polishes, I'm getting close to needing to remove it.


I left the polish on for ten days before I finally removed it and I was super happy it lasted that long.  Here is what it looked like before I removed it.


This is the same hand as the picture above and you can see there is a bit more chipping on a few fingers but overall really good.  I also have problems with splitting at the ends of my nails so that causes the polish to chip which is what happened here.  If I didn't have splitting, I might have been able to get some more days out of this.

I was very satisfied with the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel.  At my local Walgreens, the set retails for about 17.99.  That includes a shade of polish and a gel top coat.  The sets do come in different shades besides the one I received.  The polishes are also sold without the gel top coat so you can get different shades.  Those were 9.99 at my Walgreens.  I am definitely going to pick up another shade of the polish to try, probably a nude shade that I wear more often.

Follow me on Instagram: @hmills79
Follow me on Twitter:  @hmills79
I post a lot of makeup and outfit of the day pictures over there so check them out!

Let me know if you have tried this polish and your thoughts!
Heather

*I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment