Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Beauty Subscriptions - August

Time again for my Ipsy and Birchbox reviews!  This is my favorite mail day of the month so I hope you are all enjoying these mini reviews.  I have posted about both of these services before so I won't go into it much.  Feel free to look back at previous posts for more information.  Each one is $10.

I'll start with Ipsy this time.  (I never remember which I start with:)  My Ipsy bags have been rather disappointing to me lately.  There just weren't very many products that I liked.  But this month was much better!


1.  Urban Decay Perversion mascara - I love this product!  It is one of the few high-end mascaras I would consider buying.  It makes my lashes nice and long and doesn't smudge at all.  I would definitely purchase this product.
2.  Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - I have never used dry shampoo and have no comparison for this one.  I did try it and it left some white cast that went away as I massaged it in.  It smelled nice.  I would say it worked since my hair appeared less greasy.  I wouldn't purchase because it isn't something I use.
3.  J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Shadow in Half Naked - I love this shadow too!  I was afraid it would be orange or very peach when I opened it.  However, it is a very nice champagne color and I wear it often on my lid.  I would say I'd purchase one, but it will take me forever just to go through this one:) And I haven't ever seen the J.Cat Beauty brand anywhere around me.
4.  Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer - I have been using this as my primer every morning.  I don't have huge pores, just a few noticeable ones around the end of my nose.  However, I have been applying this on my t-zone as I normally do with a primer where I tend to be oilier.  It works as well as most primers I've tried.  I'm not wowed by it so I wouldn't spend the money on it.
5.  Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner in Mandarin Green Orange Ginger - Longest product name ever!  I have been keeping this in my purchase and using it as my chapstick.  It is okay.  I like waxier chapsticks (don't know how to describe them) like Chapstick or Burts Bees.  This doesn't seem to stay on very long and I need to reapply often.  I will not be purchasing this product.

Now onto Birchbox!  My Birchboxes over the past few months have been awesome!  This one was not as great but I still always love Birchbox.


1.  Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo - Again, I don't really use dry shampoos.  This one smells awesome though!  If I was buying dry shampoo, I would probably buy it over the Klorane just because it didn't leave the white cast on my hair so I found it easier to use.
2.  Dr. Jart+ Dis-a-Pore Beauty Balm - I tried this once but it was way too light for my skin.  It left a white cast like a sunblock does, perhaps because it contains 30 SPF?  I will try it again in the winter and see if it is the coloring or just the product.
3.  ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer - This is just okay.  I think the color isn't really for me.  I can use it very sparingly on my nose or temples but not to contour my cheeks because it makes them look dirty.  I will continue to use this and see if my opinion changes.
4.  Supergoop Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40 - I always like hand cream samples because I put them in my purse or nightstand.  However, since this one contains SPF, I felt like my hands smelled like sunblock all day or at night.  It isn't a hand cream I'll use much.
5.  Nugg Beauty Soothing Mask - I liked this mask but can't say too much about its effects because I only got a little more than one use out of it.  I liked the texture of this mask  It made my skin feel soft but I don't have much dryness right now or redness which is what the mask is supposed to be for.  The Birchbox site has other types of masks from this brand so I might try some of those out.

So, those are my products and reviews for this month!  I have been using quite a few of the products and really liking them.  The favorites would be the mascara and eye shadow from my Ipsy bag.

If you don't follow me on Twitter or Instagram, I post mini reviews of products over there, some other beauty posts, and some outfit posts.
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79

Heather!

**All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment