Friday, August 8, 2014

Makeup Organization

I can't believe it is already August!  In just about a week, I will be back to work.  Where did summer go?  Trying to get a few more things accomplished in this last week before school starts off my summer to do list.

I know I didn't post July Favorites.  I have basically lived in sweats and no makeup during the month of July and used my usual skincare products so I didn't really have any new favorites to post.  If you want to see what I was using, you can look at my skincare routine posts or my previous few months of favorites.

One thing on my list to do this summer was organize my makeup.  It was thrown in multiple makeup bags in the bottom drawer of our bathroom vanity.  I didn't use most of what was in there, just pulled whatever was on top of the bag I pulled out.  It just wasn't working.  Here is what I had before I started.


I began by dumping everything out into one big pile.


Then I sorted the pile by category of product.  I didn't really purge any products since I tend to do that throughout the month if something isn't working and throw them in with my empties for the month.


I bought a plastic container with three drawers at Target.  It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, was hoping for more open storage, but I couldn't find any that would also stack without spending a ton of money.  I put different categories in each drawer.  My eye products such as eyeshadows and mascaras are in the top drawer.


The next drawer holds face products such as primers, concealers, powders, and blushes.


The bottom drawer holds all my palettes.


I have an old vase that holds my brushes and eye liners.  I would like to separate the two because it is hard to find the eyeliners sometimes but I'm looking for another container. 


All of this went under the sink into the cabinet that wasn't being utilized very efficiently.  It looked like this before.


Some of the items were moved to another location, some were put in the drawer that originally held my makeup, and some still sit on either side of the drawers.  Here is what it looks like now.


The blue basket on top holds Q-tips and cotton rounds.  The grey basket holds foil packet samples or other small samples.  This is so much easier for me to find what I am looking for now.  While I do have to kind of play with the drawers being open and the cabinet open while I do my makeup, it has been working well so far with the limited space in our bathroom.

Have a great day!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment