Sunday, July 13, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated by the beautiful Brittany Gary for the Liebster Award.  You must go check out her blog!  In addition, Jen at Twirly Skirt nominated me back in the spring but I was in the middle of finishing my final semester of grad school and I never had time to do the post.  So, I apologize for that but wanted to be sure I thank her for the nomination also!

I am so thankful that I have so many new visitors to my blog over the past few months.  Instagram has become one of my new favorite social media platforms to see everyone's gorgeous pictures of makeup and fashion.  I have also found many new blogs to follow through pictures posted on Instagram.

Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1.  Create a post thanking the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2.  State 11 interesting facts about yourself
3.  Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4.  Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers.
5.  Create 11 questions for the bloggers to answer.

11 Facts About Me:
1.  I had reconstructive surgery on my leg three times in high school.
2.  I am deathly allergic to raspberries.
3.  My best childhood friend came up with my daughter's middle name because my husband and I couldn't agree.
4.  I have two master's degrees in areas of education and would love to get another one.  I like school, what can I say?
5.  I love to read...a lot.  I can read multiple books in a week, especially if it is summer vacation.
6.  If I wasn't a teacher, my dream job would be to organize people's lives or be a personal assistant.
7.  It is a running joke with my friends about how organized and Type A I am.
8.  I like to coupon although I'm nowhere near an extreme couponer.  I just like a good deal.
9.  I could live on coffee and iced tea.
10.  I love to cook but hate to bake.
11.  Fall is my favorite season.  I love to wear jeans, sweaters and boots.  I love the smell of pumpkin and fall candles.

1.  What's your latest beauty/fashion purchase?
I just bought some cute new printed bobby pins and hair ties at Nordstrom Rack.

2.  Are you a saver or a spender?
It depends what it is.  I coupon and try to save money on household items and groceries.  I try to seek out good deals on the things I love as well (Cole Haan after Christmas sale anyone?).  However, if its something I really want or our family really wants, I will spend the money on it.

3.  What's your favorite boutique?
I've recently start shopping at more smaller stores that I have found on Instagram, mostly for jewelry. Shoot the Moon LA and SoCal Gems have great affordable pieces.

4.  Name your celebrity crush.
Drew Brees - quarterback for the New Orleans Saints.  I love him!

5.  Describe your fashion style
I would say classic and probably more on the tailored side.  I like Banana Republic, the Gap, Ann Taylor Loft.

6.  What are two things you like about yourself?
I am very positive.  I tend to see the good in most situations.  I am a very hard worker.  You can always count on me to get things done.

7.  What would be your dream job?
A professional organizer, either of homes or people's lives.

8.  What is the first thing to do on your bucket list?
I don't really have a bucket list.  I don't know if that means I'm not adventurous?  I would like to travel to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island in Canada.  I loved Anne of Green Gables (the books) when I was younger and think that area is very pretty.

9.  What is inside your purse?
My wallet, sunglasses, planner, and a makeup bag with about 10 lip glosses, lotion, hair ties, and hand sanitizer.  I also have my daughter's sunglasses, chapstick, and notebook and pen.

10.  How did you get into blogging?
I was reading lots of different blogs a few years ago, mostly home and DIY blogs and was doing projects around the house so I decided to blog about what I was doing.  I have since shifted the focus on my blog more because while I liked doing the household projects, it wasn't something I was passionate enough about to keep writing about.  I absolutely love makeup and beauty and so I am much more eager to write these posts although I do continue to do the household and craft projects.

11. Name one of your summer plans.
Clean out the closets and crawl space.  This may sound like a horrible summer plan but I love to clean out and organize so I'm really looking forward to it.  Weird, I know.


My 11 Nominees:
While I follow these blogs, many I am new to over the past six months and so I apologize if someone has already been nominated and I missed it.
The Dotted Bow
Candidly Marie
Twinkle Twinkle Little Style
Loves and Loathes
Miss in the Midwest
If You Give a Girl a Ring
Peplum and Coffee
The Pale Side of Beauty
Carly Blogs Here
Collective Beauty
Coral Star

11 Questions for My Nominees:
1.  What is your favorite beauty brand or product?
2.  Where would you love to live?
3.  What is your best quality?
4.  Who is your favorite celebrity?
5.  Why did you start blogging?
6.  Favorite TV show, if you have one.
7.  Favorite place to shop.
8.  What is the one food you can't live without?
9.  What is the best trip you've ever taken?
10.  What do you splurge on?
11.  What is your dream job?

Thanks all for reading!  Stop by and visit on Facebook (Lovetobebusyblog) or on Twitter and Instagram at hmills79.

Heather








2 comments:

  1. These were such great questions! You sound a lot like one of my good friends who is always crazy organized! I need to learn a thing or two! One of my favorite things about blogging is how you can write about whatever you want all in one space! DIYs one day and beauty products the next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I can't commit to one topic so I just do it all:)

      Delete