Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Beauty Empties

Can I say that I don't believe it is the end of July already?  I know everyone says that every month with these posts or favorites posts but summer has really flown by.  Being a teacher, the beginning of the school year always seems to come up so quickly.  Few weeks left for us and then its back into the routine.

A few days ago, I started 100 Days of Beauty/100 Days of Empties with a few other instagram ladies.  We are posting beauty reviews or empties every day for 100 days.  Some of us are also going to try not to make any purchases for the 100 days and really use up what we have in our collection.  If you want to see what I'm posting, head over to my instagram @hmills79.

Onto the empties...(I know I mention it frequently but in case you're new, empties are my absolute favorite posts and youtube videos).


First off is haircare:
1.  Garnier Fructis Daily Care Shampoo - I like Garnier Fructis as a drugstore brand shampoo.  I buy it frequently and I buy different kinds.  This is the daily care for normal hair.  I am finding my hair is broken and frizzy lately so I probably won't repurchase this specific type but I do like this brand.
2.  Oi All in One Milk - This is a spray for wet hair before you blow dry.  It is supposed to be one of those that strengthens, detangles, heat protectant, etc.  I liked this sample a lot (from Birchbox).  It seemed to make my hair softer and smelled so good!  It is pricey and I have chapter alternatives I like just as well so I probably won't purchase a full size.
3.  Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner - These were a free sample from PinchMe.  I didn't really care for them.  I didn't feel like they gave my hair any moisture and I won't purchase a full size of either product.


Skincare:
1.  Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash - I love this face wash.  Even at 35, I have issues with my skin, especially on my chin.  I find that using this once a day, usually at night, helps with some of my breakouts.  I have already repurchased.
2.  Philosophy  Hope in a Jar Night - This was a sample or point perk from Sephora.  It was okay.  Not a huge fan and didn't feel it was fantastic for the higher price tag.  It is really thick which I don't need in the summer but I just wasn't a fan to even try it again in the winter.
3.  Coola Mineral Sunscreen - This was a Birchbox or Ipsy sample.  I use SPF on my face all the time and put this on one day under my makeup.  It did not work under makeup at all.  I found that it wouldn't blend well and didn't look very natural over this sunscreen.  I would not repurchase since I have other sunscreens I like better.
4.  Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream - I had this from awhile ago and wanted to use up what was left.  It is a good product.  It helped hydrate my eye area in the winter when it got really dry.  I'm not sure I saw any firming effects.  I like this but have other eye creams to try before I'd repurchase.


Makeup:
1.  Beauty Blender - This is starting to get some holes in it so I'm tossing it.  I already have a backup because I love this thing!
2.  Chapstick - One is vanilla creme and one is the regular chapstick.  I keep chapstick all over my house and multiple ones in my purse.  I like the original for every day use.
3.  Maybelline Mega Plush Volum Express Mascara - Bought this to try because it was on sale at CVS.  Its okay, nothing great.  I bought a two pack so I have another one to use up.  I can't use it on my bottom lashes because it just doesn't work for me.  I don't have problems with this flaking or smudging so that is a plus.  I won't repurchase because I have other drugstore mascaras I like better.
4.  Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup - This is my absolute favorite foundation.  It is probably considered light to medium coverage but that is what I prefer.  I am in the shade Buff 30 and I have already repurchased this foundation.
5.  Elf HD Lifting Concealer - This is way too dark for me.  I ordered it online and it was too dark.  So I saved it for summer...still too dark.  So it is going in the trash.  Haven't been able to use it much but I might try a lighter shade because it isn't very expensive.
6.  Lorac Pro Mascara - I really like this mascara.  It made my lashes nice and long.  It is pricey though and I have some drugstore mascaras I really like so I won't repurchase this any time soon.  Maybe next time I have a 20% off coupon at Ulta.
7.  Glam Glow Mud - (probably should have been in the skincare pic:)  This is okay.  Made my skin soft but I don't think it did anything remarkable for the price.  I know I am in the minority with this opinion but I don't feel it is worth the price for my skin.

So, those are my empties for July!  What did you use up this month?
Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter (hmills79), Instagram (hmills79) and Facebook (Love to be Busy Blog).  I do post a lot of other beauty pictures on Instagram besides these blog posts.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment