I know this is so late in the month but with the end of the school year, meetings, and a few little trips we had planned I haven't been home much this month. The good thing is that since its been a few weeks since they came, I have used most of the products and can tell you what I think. Again for the month of June I received both Ipsy and Birchbox. Both services are $10.00 each month. I've done a bit more explaining in previous posts if you'd like more information but I know a lot of people are familiar with both services.
I haven't been real thrilled with products in my Ipsy bag lately (including products that were just bad - I'll include these in my empties at the end of the month). Every month I debate canceling Ipsy so we will see how much longer I hang on. I know lots of people complain about the sample sizes in Birchbox but I have never gotten a product from them that I didn't really like or didn't want to use at all even if they are smaller sized.
I am going to start with Ipsy this month. The bag was designed by Rebecca Minkoff which is cool but it still was a print I wasn't a huge fan of. I keep all these makeup bags stashed away in my linen closet. Sometimes I'll throw jewelry in them if I'm going on a trip. I do use one in my purse for lip products also. But I do need to clean some of them out since there is about a year's worth in there right now.
1. Be a Bombshell mascara - All I can say is not good. It smells horrible and I mean horrible. Like a plastic chemical smell. And I was not a fan of the formula either. It was very sticky and didn't do much for my lashes. (You will see this again in an upcoming post:)
2. NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée - I love these glosses and was very excited that I didn't have this shade. This was my favorite product in the bag this month.
3. RealTree perfume - This smells really good and I thought it would be a perfume I might want the full size of because I really liked the scent. It wasn't too overpowering and not heavily floral for me. However, by lunchtime, I had no idea I had ever put perfume on. So, this is would not be something I'd purchase either.
4. OFRA Universal brow pencil - This is supposed to be a shade that is a universal shade anyone can wear. Unfortunately, way too dark for me on my light and sparse brows.
5. Marc Anthony Beach Spray - This is the one product I haven't tried from the bag this month. Once I do, I'll let you know what I think.
On to Birchbox. My last few boxes from them have been awesome! This month was more of the same.
1. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in Valentine - This is a good size sample for a lip product considering it takes me forever to go through a full size of any lip product. The color is brighter than what I normally wear but I really like the formula and have been wearing it for summer. I might try another one of the shades.
2. Dr. Hauschka Lemon Lemongrass Vitalising Body Wash - This smelled so good. I only got about two uses out of the little tube but I really liked it. It is more expensive than I am willing to pay for a body wash but if I saved enough points to treat myself, I might give it a try.
3. Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum - This smells really good! I have heard others talk about how much they like this scent so I was excited to try it. It is pricey at $98! However, if I used up some of the perfumes I have now, I might ask for it as a gift in the future.
4. Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - I like this mascara. I think it is a good every day mascara that doesn't clump and makes my lashes look nice. I have horribly short, straight lashes so any mascara is good and I really prefer a mostly natural look so this is a great mascara. And at $20 its not too bad for a good mascara that isn't drugstore.
5. Perlier Body Cream in Shea Almond - This is an other product that smells so good! And I'll get lots of uses out of this sample since I am using as a hand cream on my nightstand. I haven't tried it on my body but its a bit thick for summer lotion in our humid weather. I am really liking it as a hand cream though and would definitely consider splurging on the full size of this product (Yes, I like it that much!)
So, those are my products for this month. Anything you've tried or want to try? Do you like that I waited and included some reviews of the products? Let me know!
*All products were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any way for this post.