Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Beauty Subscriptions - June

I know this is so late in the month but with the end of the school year, meetings, and a few little trips we had planned I haven't been home much this month.  The good thing is that since its been a few weeks since they came, I have used most of the products and can tell you what I think.  Again for the month of June I received both Ipsy and Birchbox.  Both services are $10.00 each month.  I've done a bit more explaining in previous posts if you'd like more information but I know a lot of people are familiar with both services.

I haven't been real thrilled with products in my Ipsy bag lately (including products that were just bad - I'll include these in my empties at the end of the month).  Every month I debate canceling Ipsy so we will see how much longer I hang on.  I know lots of people complain about the sample sizes in Birchbox but I have never gotten a product from them that I didn't really like or didn't want to use at all even if they are smaller sized.

I am going to start with Ipsy this month.  The bag was designed by Rebecca Minkoff which is cool but it still was a print I wasn't a huge fan of.  I keep all these makeup bags stashed away in my linen closet.  Sometimes I'll throw jewelry in them if I'm going on a trip.  I do use one in my purse for lip products also.  But I do need to clean some of them out since there is about a year's worth in there right now.


I received:
1.  Be a Bombshell mascara - All I can say is not good.  It smells horrible and I mean horrible.  Like a plastic chemical smell.  And I was not a fan of the formula either.  It was very sticky and didn't do much for my lashes.  (You will see this again in an upcoming post:)
2.  NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée - I love these glosses and was very excited that I didn't have this shade.  This was my favorite product in the bag this month.
3.  RealTree perfume - This smells really good and I thought it would be a perfume I might want the full size of because I really liked the scent.  It wasn't too overpowering and not heavily floral for me.  However, by lunchtime, I had no idea I had ever put perfume on.  So, this is would not be something I'd purchase either.
4.  OFRA Universal brow pencil - This is supposed to be a shade that is a universal shade anyone can wear.  Unfortunately, way too dark for me on my light and sparse brows.
5.  Marc Anthony Beach Spray - This is the one product I haven't tried from the bag this month.  Once I do, I'll let you know what I think.

On to Birchbox.  My last few boxes from them have been awesome!  This month was more of the same.


I received:
1.  Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in Valentine - This is a good size sample for a lip product considering it takes me forever to go through a full size of any lip product.  The color is brighter than what I normally wear but I really like the formula and have been wearing it for summer.  I might try another one of the shades.
2.  Dr. Hauschka Lemon Lemongrass Vitalising Body Wash - This smelled so good.  I only got about two uses out of the little tube but I really liked it.  It is more expensive than I am willing to pay for a body wash but if I saved enough points to treat myself, I might give it a try.
3.  Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum - This smells really good!  I have heard others talk about how much they like this scent so I was excited to try it.  It is pricey at $98!  However, if I used up some of the perfumes I have now, I might ask for it as a gift in the future.
4.  Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - I like this mascara.  I think it is a good every day mascara that doesn't clump and makes my lashes look nice.  I have horribly short, straight lashes so any mascara is good and I really prefer a mostly natural look so this is a great mascara.  And at $20 its not too bad for a good mascara that isn't drugstore.
5.  Perlier Body Cream in Shea Almond - This is an other product that smells so good!  And I'll get lots of uses out of this sample since I am using as a hand cream on my nightstand.  I haven't tried it on my body but its a bit thick for summer lotion in our humid weather.  I am really liking it as a hand cream though and would definitely consider splurging on the full size of this product (Yes, I like it that much!)

So, those are my products for this month.  Anything you've tried or want to try?  Do you like that I waited and included some reviews of the products?  Let me know!

Heather

*All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know Joie had a perfume! Joie is my favorite clothing designer. Beautiful clothes in luxurious fabrics. I am totally going to check this out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It smells so good! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I used to have a Birchbox subscription but I wasn't very impressed, so I'm moving onto Ipsy next paycheck. I like the reviews you included! Hopefully next month will be promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! You'll have to let me know what you receive once Ipsy starts.

      Delete