Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Favorites

Time for May favorites - these are the products I reached for the most this month.  None of these were new purchases and some I use almost daily no matter what month it is, but since I just started posting about my favorites I want to include these in some of the posts.



Tarte Beauty and the Box Eye Shadow Quad in In the Buff - I bought this about a year ago from Ulta and I use it quite often.  I really like the cream color, the pinky nude color, and the brown.  The colors didn't show up real well in the picture but you can tell I don't use the third shadow often.  It is a bronze shade that often is just too orange for my tastes.  While it looks like I've hit pan on it, I've really only used that one end which the rest barely touched.  I haven't been able to find this anywhere so I'm glad I have awhile before its gone.

TheBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama shadow/blush - I use this as a blush and I love it.  I bought it quite awhile ago from Birchbox.  I posted on instagram when I hit pan on it because I never hit pan on blushes since I have so many.  It is a peachy shade with a bit of shimmer so I don't use a highlighter with it.  And I find it really lasts most of the day with no need to reapply.

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Crayon - This was a Birchbox product one month and I really like it.  I use it daily as my brow bone and inner color highlight.  It is completely matte, really creamy and blends easily.

Origins Super Spot Remover acne treatment gel - This is a salicylic acid product that I use on problem areas as soon as I see them flare up.  I purchased this from Birchbox to try out and I absolutely love it!  It gets rid of any spots very quickly and takes away the redness.  It also isn't too drying so I can use it multiple times a day to zap a spot right away.

E.L.F Matte lip color in Natural - Nude lips are my favorite.  I really like this shade but I find it a bit drying for me.  It is a very inexpensive lip color from ELF which is great and it twists up so I don't have to worry about sharpening if its in my bag.

Pop Pouty Pop Crayon in Petal Passion - I bought these in a set from Birchbox a few months ago (sense a theme?  I love my Birchbox points:)  Some of the colors didn't work for me so I passed them along to a friend.  This shade does not really show up with much color on my lips however I find that it is great to add moisture over any lip color.  I've been using it with the ELF lip color to keep it from being so drying.  It doesn't add any gloss or color but just a bit of moisture.

So, those are some of my favorites this month.  Let me know what you liked best or if you have any of these products as well!

Heather

*All products were purchased with my own money.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post Heather! I now need to pick up the origins super spot remover heard a lot about it!

    xx A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete