Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Beauty Subscriptions - May

It's time to share what I received this month in my beauty subscriptions!  I subscribe to both Ipsy and Birchbox which are $10.00 each.  In case you are wanting to pick just one, here are my opinions on why I prefer Birchbox.

Both services offer points for reviewing the products you receive each month.  I prefer the points system of Birchbox because I feel you are able to get more from your points.  With the Birchbox points, you get 10 pts for each product you  review and once you reach 100 pts, you can redeem for $10.00 off a purchase from the Birchbox shop.  I honestly can't tell you as much about the Ipsy points.  I know you can redeem them once you reach at least 1,000 for different products but after six months, I'm still not even close to having enough to redeem for a bonus product from Ipsy.  Hence, why I don't have much information to tell you about that one.  You can also earn points from both companies for people using your referral link.

The reason I prefer Birchbox besides the points system is because it sends products that I wouldn't normally buy otherwise.  The sizes aren't always as large as Ipsy but the products are usually higher end so I can try them out before making the investment.  Ipsy often includes products I can find at Target and Ulta which are still great to try but I might be willing to spring for them if they are only $5 without trying them through a subscription service.

Now, onto what I received!  Let's start with Ipsy this month.  I wasn't as excited about Ipsy as I usually am.


The Ipsy bag was a burlap material with leaves that say Ipsy.  I do keep these bags each month, although I have yet to decide what to do with them.  I received a hair mask which is what I'm excited to try the most.  I also received a Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume sample.  Not too excited about the scent but at least it is a rollerball mini size which is easier to apply than some other sample sizes.  I received a sunscreen and a water spray, both of which I think I will get more use out of when it is warmer.  And finally, a Pacifica eye shadow which I'm not crazy about the shades.  As I have said, I wasn't very excited about most of these products this month.  I haven't tried a hair mask so I'm looking forward to that but otherwise....This does happen sometimes with these bags and boxes.  Some months I love them and sometimes they are just okay.  So we shall see what next month brings.

Now for Birchbox which I thought was pretty good this month.


I received a sunscreen (Cotz Face) which is a very small sample size but will be good for traveling.  I also received shampoo from the No 4 brand.  The foil packet is the coordinating conditioner which was a little "beauty extra" and did not count towards my number of samples.  I liked that this was an extra but I am able to try the shampoo and conditioner together.  I received a Lara and Co Lip pencil. This is similar to the Revlon balm pencils.  It has a slight tingle and I like how it applies.  It isn't really a color I prefer, which was the only fault I had with this product.  I know they have more nude shades, which I like better, so I may try one of those with my points.  The final products I received were a shave cream and Smarty Pants vitamins.

I haven't used many of these products yet this month.  However, as I use them up I will put them into my empties posts and let you know how I liked them.

I will include my links below...I do receive points if people sign up however you can always go to the website and sign up there as well.
Ipsy:  http://www.ipsy.com/r/558z
Birchbox:  https://www.birchbox.com/invite/xbcyv


Heather!

As always, these products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment