Sunday, May 4, 2014

April Favorites

Besides empties posts, I like to read everyone's favorites.  It always gives me ideas of new products I'd like to try.  I don't know if that is a good thing:)



In addition to these being products I really liked this month, they were all new discoveries for me that I either picked up at the store to try or heard someone else talk about either on their blog or Youtube.

Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray - I bought this because I was looking for a heat protector and it was on sale.  I spray this on my hair after I blow dry and before I use my flat iron.  You can also use it before you blow dry but I use a different product that is a combination leave in conditioner and protectant so I don't use it on wet hair.  I spray this on my dry hair and then flat iron.  It makes my hair seem so much smoother and it really makes it last.  I no longer have to flat iron my hair the next day, it is still super straight (I don't always wash my hair every day).  I also feel like it is softer after flat ironing.

Garnier BB Cream for combination to oily skin in light to medium - This was a suggestion from Tara at War Paint with Tara Michelle.  I apply this BB Cream with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it gives good coverage.  This is great for when I want lighter coverage but still want to have good looking skin.

Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Pink Rose - This was a new product that Maybelline came out with recently and I really like it.  In addition to giving my cheeks some color, it also gives them a subtle glow without a separate highlighter.  I want to try a peach or nude shade so I might pick that up next.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 920 Nude Lust - I love this lipstick for a nude lip.  I can wear it along or topped with a nude gloss and either way looks great.  Sometimes I feel like a nude doesn't apply very evenly but this always looks great.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand - I picked this up this month because I ran out of my Nars Creamy Concealer and was looking to try something less expensive.  I heard this was a good concealer and thought I would give it a try.  I'm pretty happy with how it applies.  It is not quite as much coverage as the Nars but it is still good coverage and it is a better shade for me at this time (the Nars was too dark and there wasn't a great match for my skin tone as the lighter shades were all too pink).  This might be my new favorite under eye concealer....I'll keep you posted.

Jordana 12 hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Expresso Last - I had seen this on Youtube and Instagram as favorites.  This is not a liquid eyeliner.  It is a super creamy pencil eye liner.  It glides on really well and gives you a bit of time to smudge it out.  But then it sets and stays all day.  I don't wear eye liner in my waterline (my eyes are too sensitive) so I can't speak to the staying power there but it works really well on my along my top and bottom lashes.

I hope you have enjoyed my first favorites post!  I was really excited about new products I tried this month and wanted to share them with you.

Heather

**All products were purchased with my own money and I did not receive any compensation for this post.  All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I used to love that heat protectant! I rarely use heat on my hair anymore but it's definitely such a great value! I've heard so many good things about that BB cream! I haven't been able to find the shade I need in the oil-free version but I think I'll be giving it a try by the end of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, the BB cream is definitely my favorite for when I want a light makeup day. Hope you can find it!

      Delete
  2. Im definitely going to have to try out the nude lipstick. It's gorgeous. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete