Friday, May 2, 2014

April Beauty Empties

Beauty Empties are some of my favorite posts to read and videos to watch because I love seeing what people used up and their mini reviews of the products.  I may have a problem:)  So, being the beginning of May, here is what I used up last month.  I had quite a few things!  I bought a lot of makeup at the beginning of the year with gift cards from Christmas and with my birthday being in February so my goal is to not buy too many new makeup items for awhile and try to use up some of what I have.  


First picture this time is of a few items that are going in the trash even though they aren't empty.
1.   Fabulous Face Natural Finish Concealer from Ulta.  I bought this awhile ago (I actually think I got it for free with a promotion) and hadn't used it yet because I was using my Nars concealer.  So, after finishing up the Nars one, I tried this.  Not for me!  I have pretty dark under eye circles and it didn't cover them at all.  I also didn't find it thick enough to cover blemishes well either.
2.  The other item is a Tarte Smoldereyes liner.  I think this just got old.  I don't use it too often and I tried to use it the other day and it was very dry.


Next up is body and skincare empties.  
1.  Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner - I like this conditioner, love the smell of coconut. However, I am also not too picky about my shampoo and conditioner.  I have yet to buy a product that I loved so much I felt I had to repurchase for my hair.  I usually buy what is on sale.  My hair is very thick, I have a lot of it, and it is not color treated.  Therefore, it is pretty agreeable for me:)
2.  Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner - I got this sample in an Ipsy or Birchbox.  It was just okay for me.  Compared to other leave in conditioners I've tried, I felt that it made my hair greasy.  I wouldn't repurchase since I have found others that I prefer.
3.  Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy Damage and Color Repair Nourishing Shampoo - Whew!  Long name.  I got this for free as a sample through PinchMe (I'll do a full post about this soon).  I liked this product and didn't feel it made my hair any worse.  But again, didn't feel like it did anything special either.  If it was on sale, I'd purchase it though.
4.  Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream - This was another sample from Ipsy or Birchbox.  It was okay as a body lotion.  I don't feel it is as wonderful as I've heard people say.  I have seen people rave about it.  It is nice and smooth and has a good scent.  It is not moisturizing enough for me in the winter months and I felt I went through the sample very quickly.  I would not purchase this.
5.  Mary Kay Timewise Age-Fighting Moisturizer - I think I've mentioned before that I sold Mary Kay products when my daughter was younger.  I really like their skincare and have continued to use some products that I bought for myself awhile ago before I stopped selling.  This bottle of moisturizer lasted me a long time!  I would repurchase this moisturizer, however I have a few bottles left that I will continue to use up first.
6.  Mary Kay Satin Hands fragrance free hand cream - This was a travel size I had from Mary Kay.  I kept it in my purse and finally used it up.  Its a good hand cream for your purse or car because it isn't too greasy.
7.  Mary Kay Timewise 3 in 1 Cleanser - Again, left over from Mary Kay selling days.  I've been trying to use up a lot of my skincare products instead of buying new items.  I like this cleanser a lot and would repurchase.


Lastly is makeup items:
1.  Loreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher - This was a sample from a magazine.  It was okay.  I don't feel that I have a problem with pores on my face at this time in my life.  Therefore, I would not spend the money on this product for myself.
2.  Garnier 5 Sec Blur - Again, a magazine sample.  And again, not a product I feel I need to use at this time so I won't be purchasing it.
3.  Urban Decay Ultra Definition Skin - This is a little sample packet.  No idea where it came from but it had a sample of a primer and a few different foundation colors to use as well.  It was a very small sample so it is hard to know if I really like it and how my skin would react with prolonged wear.
4.  Nars Creamy Concealer in Custard - I liked this concealer because it was thicker and I felt it gave me really good coverage, however the color never really matched as perfectly as I'd like once my summer tan wore off.  This concealer is pricey but it lasted me a good six months.  I would repurchase but I'm trying some less expensive options at the moment.
5.  Chapstick Hydration Lock - This was a Birchbox extra one month.  Its a chapstick, nothing special.  I kept it by my bed and used it at night.  It has a nice vanilla scent.  It isn't an item that I would feel the need to purchase.
6.  Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara - I really like this mascara although I feel like I went through it very quickly.  I would definitely repurchase it.

Wow, this was a long post, but I like to give you some info on the products and my opinions.  I feel it is much more helpful than just telling you what I used up.  If I don't feel its worth my money, you should know that.  What have you used up?  Do you have a post or a youtube channel?  Let me know so I can check it out!

Heather


1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather. I couldn't find your email. Just wanted to notify you that I tagged you in my blog for Monday.

    ReplyDelete