Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Morning Skincare



Welcome!  Today I am showing you the products I use in my morning skincare routine.  I also have plans to show you my evening routine in the future.

My morning routine:

I cleanse my face in the shower.  I am currently using Mary Kay Timewise 3 in 1 Cleanser in combination to oily.  A few years ago, I sold Mary Kay.  When I stopped, instead of selling off all the products, I kept the ones I knew that I would continue to use.  So, the cleanser and moisturizer I use are leftover from my Mary Kay days.  I do like the cleanser and it does not cause any problems with my skin.

After I get out of the shower, I use the Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Elimnating Astringent.  I talked about this in my March Empties post (link here).  I get breakouts, usually on my chin (sometimes nose and forehead) and continually using this product is something I have noticed helps keep them under control.  I have tried other toners and less harsh products and my skin goes crazy so I keep coming back to this astringent.  I use it every morning, if my skin is really breaking out I might also use it in the evening.

Next, I apply the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum.  I bought this after trying a sample in my Birchbox one time and this big bottle has lasted me forever!  I use a little bit on my chin, nose and forehead where I break out the most.  I apply after my astringent and before moisturizer.  I also give a little time to dry before I apply moisturizer.  I like this product, it does not fight a blemish real well once it appears, but I do feel like it keeps my skin clearer overall.

Moisturize is Mary Kay Timewise Age Fighting Moisturizer in combination to oily.  Again, I have some of these left from when I sold Mary Kay and I do like the moisturizer.  It does not make me break out and its light enough for every day use.

My eye cream is the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream.  I LOVE this stuff!  I have really dark circles (mostly due to lots of allergies I believe) and have never felt like I have found a concealer that makes me happy.  At Sephora, one of the ladies helping me suggested trying this eye cream and I will thank her forever!  I do feel that it brightens the area a bit, I put it right along my cheekbones right under my dark circles (so it doesn't get in my eyes).

So, that is what I use in the mornings before applying makeup.  For me, the eye cream and astringent are absolute musts that I will continue to repurchase.  The other products will probably get changed up as I use them up and try something new.

Heather!


No comments:

Post a Comment