Saturday, April 26, 2014

Evening Skincare Routine



I am back with Part 2 of my skincare routine.  In a previous post, I showed you what I use during my morning skincare routine.  You can find that post here.

First, I take off my eye makeup using a cotton pad and the Oil-free eye makeup remover from Neutrogena.  This is my favorite eye makeup remover and I will continue to repurchase this one.

Next, I use another cotton pad to remove my face makeup.  I use the Sephora Triple action cleansing water for this step.  I like this cleansing water but I'm not totally devoted to it and will be trying some other similar products.  This is almost empty and I have the Garnier Cleansing Oil to try out next.  I do feel that using this cleansing water gets my skin much cleaner at night.  I'm not having as many breakouts which might be due to making sure my skin is cleaner before bed.

I cleanse at night with the Neutrogena Oil-free acne wash.  I am prone to breakouts, especially on my chin, around my nose, the usual spots.  I find that using this wash once a day also helps control my breakouts.  In the summer, I might use it both morning and night if my skin is really oily.

Last two steps are to moisturize my face and eye area.  I have been using the Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream to moisturize.  I bought this at Ulta over the winter.  I've never used a heavier night cream because I was always worried about breakouts.  However, our Chicago winter was horrible this year and I had patches on my skin and forehead that were flaking off.  Not cool!  I did find that this product helped with the dryness and I'm continuing to use it since its almost gone.  However, I would not repurchase this night cream because it is, in my opinion, more heavily scented than I like for a face cream.

Finally, I use the Mary Kay Timewise Firming eye cream.  I put a little bit of this under my eyes and around my eyes, especially to combat the dry patches like I have in other places.  Under my eyes has also been dry this winter.

So that is what I've been using at night.  I have seen a big improvement in my skin in recent months.  However, I also changed a whole bunch of what I do with my skin so its hard to know what the improvement is due to:)  But I'm happy that the majority of my breakouts seem to be under control.

Do you use any similar products?  Any eye cream recommendations for when I finish up this Mary Kay one I have?

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment