Monday, March 31, 2014

March Beauty Empties


I just have a few empties to share with you this month, and very almost no makeup empties.  There isn't anything I'm just tossing this month because it absolutely isn't working.  There are a few things I have that I've been using that I'm not crazy about so they may show up next month.

On to the empties...
1.  Pantene Classic Hairspray - I'm a big aerosol hairspray fan which I know might be horrible.  But I just don't get as even of coverage with a pump as I do with an aerosol.  I've been buying Pantene for awhile but recently tried Garnier Fructis brand.  I don't go through hairspray very quickly but I am liking the Garnier.

2.  Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent - I've used this for awhile and will continue to repurchase it.  It is a little harsh but my skin gets crazy oily if I don't try to control it.  I've tried toners and ones without the salicylic acid but my skin gets oily really quickly and then I get little breakouts all over, especially my forehead and chin.  So, I use this every morning and it really does help.  In the summer months, I often use it at night also when I'm oilier.   I will continue to repurchase this.

3.  Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion - This was a smaller size I kept on my desk as school.  I like the scent of it and it is a thicker consistency for winter.  I've bought the full size before in the winter and I absolutely love it for my dry skin.  I would continue to repurchase this lotion as well for the colder months.

4.  Vasanti BrightenUp! - This is an exfoliator I used about twice a week in the shower.  This is a smaller sample size that came in my Birchbox one month.  This sample lasted me quite awhile and I love how soft my skin feels after I use it.  Exfoliators scare me because some turn me bright red for an extended period and I am always afraid of taking my skin off:)  I really like this one and am saving up Birchbox points so I can buy the full size.

5.  Lastly is the Tarte Clean Slate Creaseless Eye Primer - I might be an eye primer addict:)  I currently have five different ones that I am using.  I got this one as part of a Tarte set I bought last fall at Ulta.  I do like it but it isn't a standout favorite.  I have others that I would repurchase first...once I use up all the ones laying around (which may be awhile since eye primers seem to last forever, right?).

That is it for March Empties.  I don't feel like I used up too many things this month although I know I have a few things I am getting low on that will appear next month.  I hope you are enjoying my beauty posts.  I know the focus of my blog has shifted quite a bit and while I love organizing and DIY projects, there just isn't much happening on that front right now.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment