Monday, March 31, 2014
March Beauty Empties
I just have a few empties to share with you this month, and very almost no makeup empties. There isn't anything I'm just tossing this month because it absolutely isn't working. There are a few things I have that I've been using that I'm not crazy about so they may show up next month.
On to the empties...
1. Pantene Classic Hairspray - I'm a big aerosol hairspray fan which I know might be horrible. But I just don't get as even of coverage with a pump as I do with an aerosol. I've been buying Pantene for awhile but recently tried Garnier Fructis brand. I don't go through hairspray very quickly but I am liking the Garnier.
2. Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent - I've used this for awhile and will continue to repurchase it. It is a little harsh but my skin gets crazy oily if I don't try to control it. I've tried toners and ones without the salicylic acid but my skin gets oily really quickly and then I get little breakouts all over, especially my forehead and chin. So, I use this every morning and it really does help. In the summer months, I often use it at night also when I'm oilier. I will continue to repurchase this.
3. Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion - This was a smaller size I kept on my desk as school. I like the scent of it and it is a thicker consistency for winter. I've bought the full size before in the winter and I absolutely love it for my dry skin. I would continue to repurchase this lotion as well for the colder months.
4. Vasanti BrightenUp! - This is an exfoliator I used about twice a week in the shower. This is a smaller sample size that came in my Birchbox one month. This sample lasted me quite awhile and I love how soft my skin feels after I use it. Exfoliators scare me because some turn me bright red for an extended period and I am always afraid of taking my skin off:) I really like this one and am saving up Birchbox points so I can buy the full size.
5. Lastly is the Tarte Clean Slate Creaseless Eye Primer - I might be an eye primer addict:) I currently have five different ones that I am using. I got this one as part of a Tarte set I bought last fall at Ulta. I do like it but it isn't a standout favorite. I have others that I would repurchase first...once I use up all the ones laying around (which may be awhile since eye primers seem to last forever, right?).
That is it for March Empties. I don't feel like I used up too many things this month although I know I have a few things I am getting low on that will appear next month. I hope you are enjoying my beauty posts. I know the focus of my blog has shifted quite a bit and while I love organizing and DIY projects, there just isn't much happening on that front right now.