Monday, February 17, 2014

My Beauty Subscriptions - February

I love to try new products and have been a subscriber to Birchbox for a few years.  Last fall I also started a subscription to Ipsy.  Both of these services cost $10.00 a month and send you a box of deluxe samples each month.  I find that what I receive really varies from month to month with both companies.  Some months are great, others not so much.  However, I usually feel as if I am at least getting my $10.00 worth.

I thought I would share what I am getting each month and letting you know if I have any opinions of the products.  It has been about a week since I received my boxes so I have tried a few items.


First up is Birchbox.  I have a sample of Hello perfume by Harvey Prince.  I have used this once.  It was okay.  I get so many perfume samples, I haven't bought a new bottle of perfume in quite awhile.  However, it is nice to have different scents from the samples depending on what I feel like that day.  I received a moisturizer, sunscreen, and agave oil which I haven't tried yet.  I usually save the small sunscreen samples I get from these boxes for when I take a trip.  The last item I received was a mascara from 100% Pure.  I have used this and I'm not a huge fan.  I feel like it has a strong scent which turns me off.  It does give a nice natural look and the company is cruelty free which is great.  I'm just not a fan of the scent.

,

In my Ipsy bag, I received a Zoya nail polish, Pop Beauty lip product, First Aid Beauty cleanser, J. Cat eyelashes, and an eye palette from Jessi's Girl.  I love Zoya polishes so I'm excited for that.  I have tried the Pop Beauty lip product.  It is more like a liquid lip color than a gloss.  I have tried the cleanser once but am really excited because a lot of people like the First Aid Beauty brand.  Same with Jessi's Girl, only used the shadows once but lots of people talk about the Jessi's Girl Brand.  I'm not really a green or blue eye shadow person so I've only used the neutral colors.  But maybe I'll experiment when spring and summer come.  The only thing I'm not too excited about was the eyelashes because I don't wear fake eyelashes.  I'll probably pass them on to a friend.

Overall, I was very happy with both of my boxes this month.  Not a huge fan of the cardboard oil packet in Birchbox because I don't get too many uses out of something when its in the cardboard package like that.  Otherwise, I'm excited to try all of the products I received this month.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about February's subscription boxes.  I'll be sure and update if I feel a product became a fail for me or I absolutely loved something!

If you're interested I'm including the links to Birchbox and Ipsy.  These are my referral links but you can also visit the website and sign up that way if you prefer not to use my referral link.

Birchbox:  https://www.birchbox.com/invite/xbcyv
Ipsy:  http://www.ipsy.com/r/558z

Heather!

**All opinions are my own.  Products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment