Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Easy Weeknight Dinner

Between my husband, myself, and my daughter, we often have some after school, after work, or evening activity going on.  There are those nights when being able to throw together a quick dinner is really helpful.  This is not an "I made it from scratch, woohoo" type meal.  This is an "I bought all the ingredients at the store so I can throw them together meal."  I love to cook and try new recipes but sometimes there just isn't time for that.

So that brings me to our meatball subs.  My hubby is usually picky about what he eats and he really likes these so that says something:)


Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen meatballs (I sometimes make and freeze meatballs on the weekends.  Otherwise, I buy the italian seasoned ones at the store)
1 jar pasta sauce
1 bag hot dog buns or sub buns
1 bag shredded cheese (mozzarella, italian blend, whatever you like)

I also use some garlic powder and butter.

I cook the meatballs in the oven according to package directions.
Towards the end of that, I heat the pasta sauce in a pan.

I melt butter and add garlic powder to this.  I then brush it on the open hotdog buns.  These go in the oven until brown.

Once the meatballs, buns, and sauce are warm, you just have to assemble:  meatballs on the bun, top with some sauce, and some cheese.  The heat from the sauce and meatballs will melt the cheese but you could also brown them in the oven for a few minutes if you prefer.

I usually serve this with a salad on the side.

I hope you find this a quick, easy meal your family will enjoy also!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment