Sunday, May 5, 2013

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

My daughter loves chocolate milk.  What kid doesn't?  So, when I saw a recipe on Pinterest for homemade chocolate syrup, I knew I had to give it a try.  It's always good if I can make something myself instead of buying it at the store.  Cheaper and hopefully healthier as well.


I used the recipe I found on Pinterest.  This was the original post I used Here at One Good Thing by Jillee.  However, she links to the recipe in her blog at Glorious Treats which is Here.

This is the recipe they both used and I used as well:

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
dash of salt
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt.  Whisk in 1 cup water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Turn down the heat and simmer to thicken 1 minute.  Take off the heat and add vanilla.  Let cool.  Store in refrigerator. 

I put mine in a mason jar and put it in the fridge.  We haven't put it in milk yet but the spoon I licked was tasty:)

Enjoy!
Heather

Linking up with:

 



Shaken Together

No comments:

Post a Comment