Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Banner

So, I found this awesome blog called twelveOeight through a link party.  She had posted a St. Patrick's Day banner that was adorable!  You must check out her blog and see all the other awesome ideas she has as well.  You can find the St. Patrick's Day banner here.  You can find her blog here

I am finding myself with limited time lately so I decided to make a spring banner that would work for the next few months.  Plus, we had a snow day and I was ready to banish all winter weather and snow with thoughts of spring.

I picked up fabric, ribbon, foam flowers, and chipboard letters at Joann Fabrics.  I found a pattern I liked in the remnants at the store so I just used that and was able to find the other pieces in coordinating colors.

To start, I cut out triangle shapes from the fabric.


I laid them out and laid the ribbon along the top to be sure they were evenly spaced.  I folded over the top edge and hot glued it to the ribbon.  


Once it was finished it looked like this.  


Then I attached the foam flowers using hot glue as well.  I wasn't sure about using the foam flowers and how it look once it was finished.  Once I hung it thought, you couldn't tell the flowers were foam and the finished product looked great.


The chipboard letters I bought had adhesive on the back already so I  used that to attach the letters to each flower.


I hung the banner above the french doors that lead to our family room.  Hubby just put a nail through the ribbon at the end into the top of the woodwork.  


I love how it turned out.  Pastels are not my first color choice so I love that this reminds of spring with the bright colors and flower pattern!  I did buy some strips to tie between each penant like Tanya's banner, but I didn't like the way it looked.  I don't know if it was the fabric or the way I tied it, but I preferred mine without the strips of fabric in between.  

Enjoy!
Heather

Linking up with:
 

Grab button for Casa de Castel










Shaken Together

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Found you at the what's shaking party - the fabric and ribbon choices are so fun! Have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spring banner! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great week!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete