Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fancy Set of Drawers!

Kind of sounds like I'm going to be talking about underwear, huh?  Makes me laugh...  I had seen many Pinterest ideas on decorating plastic drawers to make them look prettier.  I use lots of these drawers in my classroom at school and I hate a boring classroom.

I have a cabinet that I use to keep baskets of student awards, stamps, stickers and other things I grab often.  I was tired of the top of the cabinet looking cluttered.  So I went to Target and picked up some plastic drawers, scrapbook paper, and double sided tape.

There were millions of tutorials on Pinterest using modge podge, but I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out the first time so I just used tape for mine.

I started with empty drawers that I wiped down to make sure they weren't dusty or dirty.


Then I used some white computer paper to get an idea of what size strips I would need for the inside of the drawers.  I put the edge of the paper along the bottom of the drawer and bent it over the top edge so I would know where I to cut.

Next, I cut the scrapbook paper to fit the inside sides and front of the drawers.  I printed the labels for each drawer on white paper and attached it to the paper for the front of the drawer.  I then laminated each strip for durability.  My drawers were 14" so I left each outside inch or so of the strip without laminating.  I actually think this worked better for the tape to adhere to the paper.

After everything was laminated and cut out, I taped it to the inside of the drawer.  I really like the finished product, so much more fun than plain white drawers.  And now the top of my cabinet is nice and clean too!

Sides of the drawers
Front View
 So cute!  The colors make me happy and I can easily find what I need in each drawer!
Enjoy!
Heather



4 comments:

  1. Cute!

    I posted my Liebster Award response last night! :)

    http://yagottahaveahobby.com/2013/03/20/liebster-award-2-0/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, I saw you have already received a nomination for the Liebster award,but since I liked your blog so much I decided to nominate you again :) http://prettyelements.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/liebster-award-nomination.html

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete