Monday, December 31, 2012

Linen Closet - Part 3

I have to start my New Year's Eve post by saying how thankful I am for all of you that are visiting my blog.  I never expected to have followers on my blog, or on Facebook or so many pageviews when I began this blog at the beginning of 2012.  I hope those that are visiting are finding ideas that may be useful in their own lives or inspire them in some way.  I love projects of any kind and I'm enjoying sharing with you what I have done. 

I started posting about reorganizing my Linen Closet so I wanted to get the last post about that project up for you all.  I have been spending my holiday break from teaching working on some reorganizing and redoing of rooms around the house.  I could use another two weeks to get even more done:)  I previously posted about my bathrooms (here and here) that were part of the process that was supposed to be my linen closet.  This project ended up being more involved in terms of finding homes for items and moving some things around than I originally thought. The closet before I started...


I moved the beach towels from the top shelf to the downstairs bathroom.  This shelf now holds the guest towels.  The shelf in the middle with towels continues to hold the towels we use for our upstairs bathroom that is right by the closet.


This the shelf of medications, first aid, and make up items before I started.  I took everything off the shelf and sorted.  I made piles of like items and threw a lot of older items away.  In addition, I added some medications that were being stored in the bathroom to my piles.


I used the drawers I already had in the closet and also bought a few plastic bins from the dollar section of Target.   I put all my sorted piles into the different containers and labeled them.  The labels are just printed off the computer onto cardstock.  I trimmed the cardstock down and attached them with glue dots which you can find in the scrapbook section of a craft store.


The final shelf has a basket that holds our extra personal care items.  I like to coupon and buy items on sale.  I usually buy a few of a shampoo or body wash if I know we are running low and they are on sale.  These items are all contained in this basket so I can easily tell if hubby or I are running out of something we use regularly. 

I am loving how easy it is to find items in my reorganized closet, especially when hubby needs something and can find it without me digging for it for him.

Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be working on my closet today as well. Nothing better than a newly organized space, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Kim! I always feel more organized in all areas after (even if its not true:). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete