Saturday, November 24, 2012

Easy Christmas Tree Decoration

Since my living room redo began (this is a never ending project and one day when I finish it, I will post pictures:) and I went from a hutch cabinet to just a buffet, I am excited to have the whole top of my buffet to decorate for holidays. 

I had seen an idea for a tree from scrapbook paper on Pinterest (find the original post here).  My daughter loves to craft and I thought it would be fun to have her make one for our decorations.


Here is what it looked like once she was done.  I cleaned out a lot of my paper when I reorganized our laundry room so I did not have any scraps for her to use.  Instead, I bought coordinating colored paper at the craft store.

How I did it:
1.  I cut the white paper to 8X10 since I was going to frame it
2.  I made the strips of paper 1 inch wide but you could do skinnier if you wanted more strips.
3.  The bottom strip is 9 inches long.
4.  Each strip is a half inch shorter as you go up the tree.
5.  My daughter drew and cut out the stars for the top on her own.
6.  The trunk is from a scrap of brown paper.
We used the adhesive I use for scrapbooking and card making to attach the strips of paper.


In the frame on the buffet.  She is so proud that her work is part of the decorations.  The frame is one from Goodwill that I bought a few months back and repainted.
We also made two more for the great-grandparents which I am going to frame and give as a gift from my daughter (great idea for those who are hard to shop for but would love a handmade gift from their grandchildren:).

Enjoy!
Heather

Linking up with:

Freedom Fridays

Shaken Together

6 comments:

  1. So gorgeous!!! Love the colors and fabrics! Great idea for gift!Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Happy week !

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is a nice quick simple craft! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool and yes easy that even I and my nieces can also try them. Thanks for sharing this easy yet crafty christmas decor. I'd love to feature that in my Christmas tree decorating ideas if you'll allow me to. Thanks for sharing great ideas. Happy Holidays!

    Anne Walker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - So sorry for the delayed reply. Blogging had to be put on the backburner for awhile. I'm glad you enjoyed the project, although I know its too late to include it now. Thank you so much for visiting!
      Heather

      Delete