Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Door Decoration

Oh, I love the holidays!  I am trying to cross items off my to-do list that I wanted to make so there is time to have them up and enjoy them before the season is over.

I just finished a door decoration for my front door.  I had a snowman one that I used all winter but I wanted something with holiday colors.  There were posts on Pinterest where boxes were covered and connected with ribbon (the link for my pin doesn't work anymore) or letters covered with scrapbook paper.  I just combined some different ideas into what I wanted.

I started with letters from the craft store that I painted white.


Hubby cut me boards that would fit the letters.  Mine were about 5x7.  He also drilled a hole in the top and the bottom so I could connect the boards.  I painted two boards green and one red.


I used hot glue to attach the letters to the boards after everything was dry.


Then I tied twine through all the boards so they would be connected and hang in a line.  At the top I looped the twine to make a way to hang it.  Right now it is hanging from a command hook on the front door but it is heavier than I anticipated.  I'm waiting for the day when I hear it crash so I am looking into a stronger way to hang it.


I also tied the twine on at least one side of each hole (I did the front of each to keep it consistent) so that nothing would slide.


I also put a loop at the bottom to finish it off.


Ta-da!  Here is what it looks hanging on the door.  I love it and I love that it is something I made myself.


Enjoy!

Heather

Linking up with:
Shaken Together
Freedom Fridays




No comments:

Post a Comment