Monday, October 8, 2012

Laundry Room Part 1 - The Cabinet

Wow!  I had no idea how crazy life would get with going back to work, being in grad school, having a child in school, etc.  I've had a bunch of projects that I just haven't had time to post about.  Hopefully I'll have some time to start catching up.

One of my big projects over the summer was to organize our laundry room.  We remodeled our laundry room a few years ago and installed lots of shelving and a cabinet for me to fold laundry and craft.  It had become a dumping ground for everything due the size of the room and needed a good clean out.  Since some of it was hubby's stuff I had to rope him into helping me before I could purge any of it:)

Since there was quite a bit that we did, I'm just going to show you the cabinet organization today.  I'll post about the other parts of the room later.

Here are the first pictures of the cabinet.  I'll warn you, it's not pretty!




The cabinet holds crafting supplies, gifting supplies, and extra office supplies.  It is a big cabinet, but it was a disaster.  I pulled everything out including what was in the red boxes.  I purged a lot of old scrapbooking supplies that I no longer use and office supplies that were bent, old, etc.  I re-purposed and relabeled the red boxes and some other baskets I already had so the cost for the project was free!
Here are the after pictures. 




So much better and I've tried to be really good about putting things away and keeping the top clear so I am always ready for a project I'm waiting to start.  Woohoo!

Enjoy!
Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment