Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I found a recipe on Shaken Together (new blog find for me that I love!) and was really excited to try it.  The recipe was for Harvest Spice Chocolate Chip Pudding Mix Cookies (check out her recipe) and it sounded so yummy with the mix of pumpkin spice and chocolate.   The best part is that I hate to bake (yes, I know...but I love to cook so hopefully that redeems me:) and these sounded easy enough that I couldn't screw them up.

Yesterday, while grocery shopping for the week, I decided to pick up the pumpkin spice pudding mix that the recipe called for and give it a try.  I have three grocery stores within a half mile and none of them had the pumpkin spice pudding mix!:(  So, I ventured outside my comfort zone (by a lot!) and tried tweaking the recipe a bit.  I used a chocolate pudding mix instead and just made a chocolate cookie with chocolate chips.  And they turned out pretty yummy...says the 5 year old taste tester and myself.


Here is the recipe for the version I made:
1 box chocolate instant pudding mix
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and baking mix with a wooden spoon.  Stir in the oil and eggs and mix until incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet.  Bake for 5-8 minutes.

My cookies definitely took the full 8 minutes but I may have made them a little larger than the 1 inch size that the original recipe called for.  You want to watch them closely because you still want them to have the gooey pudding taste and not dry out.  My batch made 18 cookies.  FYI - These cookies are smaller sized.

Enjoy!
Heather













2 comments:

  1. Those look divine! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes. They were yummy!

      Delete