Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall Fabric Wreath

So, my love affair with Pinterest continues with this project.  Hubby is always complaining that I have about 2 total fall decorations.  It is his running joke that I won't have time to decorate for fall because I have so much stuff.  I didn't have anything for fall for my front door so I decided to start there.  I had seen this wreath on Pinterest and knew I could probably do something similar.


I started with a foam wreath from Michaels. 


I used more remnant fabric that I found over the summer at Joann Fabrics when I made the trip for my necklace organizer


The fabric was cut into strips.  I made some effort to make them similar in size but I didn't worry about it too much because I knew I could cut off excess as long as they were long enough.


I alternated strips of fabric and tied them around the wreath with a double knot.  I made sure I pushed them close together as I went so no foam wreath would show through.  I ended up not using the cream colored fabric because it was canvas and hard to tie nicely.  I used the patterned fabric with a brown after every two of the patterned.


Finally, I added an "M" monogram for some extra color.  I painted the M and tied it onto the wreath with the same color of embroidery floss.  Brown ribbon helped me hang it from the hook on my front door.


I started with more crafting projects over this past summer and I am loving this wreath!  I am so happy with how it turned out and it was really easy!  I like that it has some fall colors without being too dark.

Enjoy!
Heather

Linking up with:



Freedom Fridays

2 comments:

  1. I am just dropping in from Shaken Together to check out your wreath. So simple and cute. I also need something for fall on my door and I bet I have some fabric that I could make this:) I am pinning it.

    I would also love to invite you to share this or any of your other favorite posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (no rules and is live all weekend)
    So hoping to see you there

    I am now following via Facebook and GFC:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn! Being a blog newbie, followers make me so excited:) I will stop by the Freedom Friday Blog Hop!

      Delete