Monday, August 27, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Recipe - Egg Muffins



With school starting, I am wanting to try out some new breakfast ideas.  For whatever reason, I've never eaten breakfast at home before school.  I always make/buy something that I can bring with me and eat while I work like toast with peanut butter or oatmeal.  Of course with Pinterest, my options have multiplied:)  I decided to try these egg muffins that I could reheat at school and eat as I work.

I mostly followed this recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I did change it up a little for what would work for me.  Here is my recipe.  I used a 12 cup muffin tin.  I put in cupcake liners and sprayed them with cooking spray.  I think I could have just sprayed the tin and not worried about the liners. 

Egg Muffin Recipe

12 eggs
salt/pepper
your choice of fillings (I used crumbled sausage because I had some on hand and shredded cheese)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Beat eggs together and add salt and pepper (I used a lot of pepper and just a touch of salt)
Put your choice of fillings in the bottom of each cup until about 2/3 full
Pour eggs into each cup until about 3/4 full

Bake 25-35 minutes (Mine took 30)
You will want the tops to be brown

I had these this morning for breakfast and they were tasty!  I will definitely do veggies and cheese next time for something different.  These would also be a great easy breakfast to reheat for kids at home before school in the morning.

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment