Monday, July 23, 2012

Jewelry Organization Part 2 - Necklaces


A few weeks ago, I showed you my cleaned out and reorganized jewelry (Part 1).  My dresser was a mess with an older jewelry box that wasn't really functional for me and jewelry I don't wear.  I cleaned everything out and used dishes I already had to reorganize my earrings, bracelets, and rings.  I had seen various jewelry displays on websites and Pinterest so I decided that hanging my necklaces would give me a way to display them and also keep them from getting tangled.

I already had a corkboard bulletin board at home that was sitting in a closet unused.  I went to Joann Fabrics and got a remnant of fabric.  I was so excited the day I went.  I bought a bunch of remnants for various projects and some ribbon.  I spent only $25 and saved $50!  But, I digress.

Here is what I started with.



I laid the fabric out and cut it to the correct size to cover the board.  I also left extra to make sure I had enough to pull around and cover the edges.


I used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the wooden edges of the board.


I folded the edges like a present to make nice corners before I stapled the final sides.


Then I attached hardware to hang it on the wall.


The final product!  I even hung it by myself (hubby wasn't home and I couldn't wait:).  I think it made him nervous.  Heehee


With my necklaces hanging on it...I don't have very many after cleaning them out.


Here is a close up of my necklaces on the board.  I used push pins I already had because I liked the silver kind instead of plastic and I couldn't find any at Joann Fabrics.  These are school themed so I am on the lookout for some different ones.


I am enjoying that I can see everything I have now and it is nicely organized!  Plus, I have added a bit of color and "art" to my bedroom.

Enjoy!
Heather





 


No comments:

Post a Comment