I had a binder around the house that I am starting with. It is a 1" binder which I feel may be too small as I decide everything I want to include, but it was free for now:)
I also had plastic pockets and dividers already in the binder from it's previous life.
I really wanted to put it in the front of the binder but, alas, it doesn't have an opening in the plastic. So, I put it inside in a sheet protector instead.
I am very excited about this binder for many reasons. In our house, I manage the finances and many of the household duties. I always worry that my husband would not have the necessary information available should he one day take over these tasks. By creating the household binder, I plan to include anything that would be useful should someone else ever need to help out.
I may include? (still brainstorming):
- bills and home finances
- important passwords and bill pay information
- phone numbers such as insurance, doctors, etc.
- menu planning
- family information such as emergency contacts (could be useful for a babysitter)
- house decorating information like paint colors used
- holiday - card addresses, card lists, gift lists
- important dates list