Sunday, May 6, 2012

Banana Bread

Thanks to my Pinterest addiction, I have a lot of recipes I want to try:)  I had a few bananas that had sat too long for anyone in my family to want to eat...whoops.  So, I decided to try the banana bread recipe I found on Pinterest.  We love banana bread and the recipe I use regularly has sugar and a lot of crisco (yummy, but not the healthiest).  The recipe I tried this morning uses applesauce and honey instead of sugar and oil.  You can find the recipe Here.


Here is our finished bread.  I followed the 1 hour baking time in the recipe, however, when I make it again, I would cook it a little less.  With my oven, the top and inside was a little browner than our family likes it.


The inside of the bread.  Look at the yummy banana!  I don't know if its supposed to look like that or I didn't mash the banana enough:)  However, it tastes good either way. 

Enjoy!
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment