Sunday, April 15, 2012

Doing a Little Reorganizing

I decided to do a little reorganizing.  It is a dreary Sunday with threats of storms so projects inside were a must.  We bought this end table about 10 years ago when we moved into our house.  At the time, it seemed like a style I liked.  Oh, how times change!  While it is a good, sturdy piece, the style is not really what I have in mind anymore (probably thanks to Pinterest inspiration:).
Here is what the table looks like (say hi to Chesney!  He is rather lazy and requires more work to move than its worth:).  I have plans to repaint, but that is going to wait for now.  We are going to repaint our first floor soon and I need to decide on a color scheme to go with.  The crazy thing about this table is that it has always been empty!  I have a cabinet in the kitchen I would like to repurpose and redo as well (a post on that will be at a later date) so I decided to use this table for things that did not need to be in that kitchen cabinet.

I enjoy couponing and I have kept my binder and ads in the kitchen.  I tend to throw things in the kitchen cabinet and it becomes a mess.  See?
I have moved and cleaned up my couponing supplies.  I put my binder and ads in the bottom of the table. 

I put a basket in the top drawer for any coupons that need to be put in my binder and the envelope I take shopping with me each week. 

This has left me with lots of extra space in the cabinet in the kitchen to work with.  You'll have to wait a little while for that "after" since it is going to go along with cleaning out my kitchen.  One of my summer projects from teaching is to go through my kitchen and throw out and reorganize since it hasn't been done since we moved in.  I'm sure there are things I don't even remember putting in the cabinets and I'm really feeling the need lately to purge and get rid of things we don't really need.  I'm craving a more streamlined house lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment