Monday, March 19, 2012

Simple Crayon Holder

 

I had a brainstorm while eating my last piece of gum today.  This is the perfect size for some crayons!  My daughter has a plastic school box full of crayons but I can't really throw it in my purse for a meal out or a trip to the doctor's office.  She loves to draw and write so a small notebook and crayons always occupies her while we are out and about.  For this idea, I used a large empty Mentos gum container, colored duck tape and crayons.  I covered the outside of the container with the duck tape.  We had yellow on hand (although when the fun prints go on sale or I have a coupon I will pick some up for future projects).  

I am going to work on other materials that would cover and look better due to the rippled outside of the container but this works for now.  I also want to cover the top of the lid with a label of some sort to cover the gum label.  It fits about 8 crayons with plenty of room to close the lid.

An easy solution to throw some crayons in a bag and go!  Or to keep them in my purse at all times so we always have some when we need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment