Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hall Closet Makeover



My most recent project was reorganizing my front hall closet.  I found a blog titled IHeart Organizing that I absolutely love and have been inspired to clean things out!  My front hall closet is small and seemed an easy place to start.  As you can see, I had attempted to organize some things on the shelf but it was still a disaster.  To start with I took everything out and put it in a big pile (hubby was a little confused how this was going to be better in the long run).  I cleaned out things we don't use anymore such as the stroller and outgrown coats.  Some of it went into the crawl space and some is going to be donated.  



As you can see in the "after" picture, I have cleared out the floor and it is just prettier!  Some of my daughter's things such as her dance bag and umbrella were hung on the wall with 3M Command hooks.  Get them up off the floor (lightbulb!).  The other corner is our reusable bags to easily grab when I head out the door for a shopping trip. 

My biggest "Aha" was the shelf.  I had the same bins that had been labeled as hats, gloves, and scarves.  This meant that anytime I needed to find my daughter's things, I had to look through all three bins (one to get a hat, one for mittens, and another for a scarf).  Talk about a waste of time.  I have now sorted winter items and hubby's hats into bins labeled for each one of us.  Now you only have to look in one place!

This project has really gotten the ball rolling and I have lists of things to organize and clean out now so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment